pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:36 pm 
Hey guys, well on Monday night lowlife scumbags broke into my shop and took a bunch of turbo parts, one ECU, and a SOHC DC header (wtf). One Greddy kit, one F-R ramhorn plus wastegate(Tial 44-Vband), backdoor intercooler, plus my Inline Pro manifold and wastegate (Tial 38mm-black-the diaphram was repaired with black RTV). The night before, I had helped a local kid out with his ECU. He came in with a ELD CEL and a junk idle and a crappy Uberdata .bin. I burned him a Crome bin, the car ran well and I sent him on his way, I told him when he was ready for tuning to remember the favor and come see me. The kid left me with a P72 that needed a repair. So I fix the ECU and leave it in the middle of a stack of ECUs. The shop gets broken into, and his ECU is the only one gone (had his name on it) along with all the other shit. I called him to have him come pick it up (after the robbery) and he starts stuttering and saying 'what?' a lot. He never shows. So, now I am asking the good people of PGMFI.org to be on the lookout for this guy (Mickey-blue EH hatch-New Bedford, MA), the ECU or any sign of the parts. The ECU had some initials, 'EW' written in sharpie on the bottom of the board. The Greddy manifold had an EGT in runner #3 and a hacked feed line plus a -10 return. The Backdoor intercooler still had the Tial BOV on it and the mounting tabe were left behind on the bumper support of the car (they tore it off). I have some leads, and the cops are working on it too, but I figure this can't hurt. Thanks guys, and lock your shit up tight! This kind of shit makes me want to find a different line of work......I never have any peoblems with my BMW stuff. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:58 pm 

Good luck man, hope they catch those bastards...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:44 pm 

nfn15037 wrote:
I called him to have him come pick it up (after the robbery) and he starts stuttering and saying 'what?' a lot. He never shows.

so you have the fuckers number then - was it mobile, or landline?

if it was landline you can get the address and roll on down there with some friends. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm 

Wow that sucks!!!! I'll have the few people i know that way keep an eye out for it. Hope things have been good other than that....