pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keypad ignition??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:53 am 
I was wondering how possible it would be to modify your ignition to have it enter in a code on a keypad then use a push button start button instead of just using a key. I am thinking I would need to use a push button start so that it doesnt keep trying to crank over. What would I need to do this and does anyone have any ideal as of where i could get the equipment from (could i get it from radio shack.) also would it be possible to have it tie into the power to the ECU so that if the wrong code is put in, then no power to the ECU. Thank you

Post subject: Re: Keypad ignition??
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:37 am 

I've seen that circuit a long time ago. I don't remember where it was. it used a keypad and some type of IC, and you could set whetever code you wanted, and it would time out after 3 tries of the wrong code. It was a cool little circuit, but I really didn't see the point in it except for use as a door lock for your garage, etc. I know it's out there, so happy hunting!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:35 am 
yeah, it was like popular electronics, IIRC. my dad built one and used it for the garage door opener, but I think one of the main applications they listed it for was a security system for the car.

This would have been back in 1988 or so...

and the output of that circuit was enough to act like you had pushed a button, so you'd probably need something to put the car into the 'run' position or build a secondary circuit to use the momentary output of the keypad to put the car into the 'run' state, and then use the push button to crank the starter...

I knew a guy with a Fiat, he had to half-ass the wiring and use a house light switch to put the car into the run state. he used a second house switch to crank the starter... he had nothing but wiring problems with that car...

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:25 am 

The circuit I've seen is waay more recent than that, like 2 years ago probably.
You could easily use the keypad circuit to arm the ignition via relay or whatever, and then use a pushbutton starter, exactly.. Think S2000 but use a keypad instead of a lock cylinder..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:27 am 
thanks guys for the info i could not find the components that you spoke about but i am going to see if I can modify a wired or wireless keyless garage door opener.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:04 pm 
texas instrements have good RF transmitters/recievers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 am 

You can consult a locksmith center near you about this problem.

[url=http://www.locksmithedmonds.netlocksmith[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 pm 

Its pretty easy, you need a microcontroller several relays and the circuit for the microcontroller.
An arduino which is more mass produced will work it costs about 10-50 depending on what version you buy.

Basically you program it where you press the keypad and have it register as the correct sequence of buttons pressed in your program code and then when you press the start button it will activate your relay and send the signal to start the car while having the microcontroller activate another relay that will send a constant 12V to your ecu dash whatever. Its simple but you better be a good electronic person.