pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ###Dyno Pricing no bs###
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:55 am 

Alright so me and a friend have the chance of getting this 2 bay garage on an industrial area real cheap, since his uncle own the facilities for his machine shop (not car related) and has this garages empty, so for $500 a month we could have it. as soon as my friend called me to let me know i started emailing companies to get a dyno pricing, I want a loading dyno preferably dynapack since i could toss it to the side when done, I emailed them and get this BS email thanking me for being interested on them blah blah blah. I'm looking to lease it at the beginning and see if i could own it later own... I don't have a tax id nor a register business license since i'm only trying to run some numbers before getting involve in this.

now my question is for you guys with dynos:
How much was the retail value of it (of any)??? and if you lease what are your payments like???
i want to start with a 2wd 800hp unit has to be loading type.

any of you dyno owner help will

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:00 am 
Site Admin

I paid 3.5 years ago, the Evolution 3000 2WD (800HP) Dynapack for 63500$ shipped.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:25 am 

If you are just starting out I would recommend trying to locate a used dyno, there are plenty of them out there. Your preference for a loaded dyno is a good choice. Tuning on a loaded dyno is easier and will provide a better end product if you know how to use all of the "loading" features. There are other dyno's out there besides the Dynapack so you may want to aim a little lower in the price range for a startup business. However, if you already have a large customer base then go for the Dynapack.

Just my 2 cents.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:19 pm 

i have to see what my options are since i won't work 24/7 on that shop, i'll just go tune and leave and maybe on the weekends do some work. my current job is too good to risk it.
the use dyno deal is a good idea, but i'm not sure if the bank will lend me that kind of money with the economic how it is... and if things don't work out, i don't want to get stock with the payments. i do anythings from 10 to 18 street tunes a month i guess if i had a dyno i'll have more clientele.

i want to see what payments look like, i i'll be able to afford around $1,500 a month out of my pocket for the dyno til i start to see some revenuer, and if it start to get paid by it self i'll keep it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm 

the dyno dynamics equipment is actually not bad... I took a look at their equipment; most being water based braking.... and for $30,000 for a complete unit; you could buy for ~400/mo [last I checked depending on the salesperson]. With that price, you can easily get away with leasing out the dyno for one day use to someone for $400 (which is a good deal to alot of peeps) and make all profit on your end from there.

Normally people charge anywhere from 50-150 for 3 runs... and more or less depending on tuning and setup/break-down time.

the Dynopacks are very cool cause you don't have to worry about the car flying off the dyno per-say... and they are much more compact/mobile than alot of the other dynos out there.