pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with a Lemon Honda
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:58 pm 

I have wisely purchased an '08 accord many months ago. Well it has not been working correctly and the dealer seems unable to fix the problem. I'm wondering if anyone here might have had experience with owning an lemon in florida and therefore can give me some insight into how it all works. I have read all the laws stated in the books they give you and also went to the my florida legal.com website lemon law page. I am still a bit nervous about getting screwed to the wall here, so any help/encouragement would be welcome.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 pm 

After 3 failed attempts to fix the same problem, they have to buy the car back from you.

http://www.floridalemonlaw.com/article1.html

Information on the Florida Lemon Law

The Florida Lemon Law applies to the purchase or lease of new motor vehicles sold in the state of Florida. For decisions concerning what constitutes "new", please see our decisions page. The Lemon Law defines motor vehicles to include cars, vans, recreational vehicles (motor homes or R.V.'s) and trucks with a GVW of 10,000 lbs. or less. For Lemon Law decisions concerning what constitutes gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs or less, please see our Lemon Law decisions page.

The lemon law provides that a manufacturer must repurchase a vehicle which suffers from a defect or condition which substantially impairs either use, value or safety which defect or condition continues to exist after a reasonable number of attempts to repair by the dealer or manufacturer and which was first reported during the first 24 months of ownership. Florida Lemon Law presumes that a reasonable number of repair attempts have occurred if the dealer or manufacturer was given three opportunities to fix the same defect or condition or if the vehicle has been out of service for 30 or more days.

In order to be eligible for relief under the Florida Lemon Law, an owner or lessee must have served the manufacturer with a defect notification (which is found in the back of the lemon law booklet provided at the time of delivery of the vehicle) and offered the manufacturer an opportunity for a final repair.

Application for relief under the Florida Lemon Law must be made to the Department of Agriculture, Division of Consumer Services. Time deadlines apply to many aspects of the Florida Lemon Law including filing the Request for Arbitration, reporting the defect initially and providing the manufacturer with notice and opportunity for a final repair attempt.

A request for Arbitration seeking relief under Florida's Lemon Law must be filed within 60 days of the two year anniversary of aquisition of the vehicle, or within 30 days of the final action of the state-certified informal dispute resolution panel (i.e. Better Business Bureau Autoline Program), whichever occurs later.

In order for a Lemon Law request to be timely, you must have complied with all pre-filing requirements such as satisfying the minimum repair attempts standard, sending the defect notice, permitting the manufacturer an opportunity to cure the notice and going through the BBB program (if required by your paticular manufacturer).

Currently Acura, Audi, General Motors, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Daewoo, GMC Truck, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Nissan, Porshe, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Saturn, Volkswagen and Workhorse Custom Chassis require participation in BBB prior to being eligible to file a claim under Florida Lemon Law.