pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Will you boycott Hondata if they continue with this lawsuit?
Yes. They've blown it now. I'll never use them again. 70%  70%  [ 39 ]
Yes but will use them if they drop the lawsuit. 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
No. I will continue to use them no matter what. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 56
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:51 pm 

This may have been covered elsewhere and if it has, please feel free to remove it. But I feel it has to be said.

I'm not exactly new into the tuning world but I am nowhere near as good as plenty others that I know. I have used this site extensively and have tried to help out when and where I could. I have never used Hondata mainly because at the moment by budget hasn't stretched that far. I have recently though, been looking to purchase a Hondata system for my Integra. All that has been stopped in its tracks.

I feel that Hondata's stance on this matter is absolutely ridiculous. They are complaining about 10 downloads from this site (downloads of what - I'm not exactly sure though). I'm astounded that they think the 10 downloads are a serious threat to their income.

What IS a serious threat to their income, is if honda tuning buffs (like everyone on here) started boycotting their products.

I for one will not be using their products (despite all the great stuff I've heard about them, and the fact that they are the next logical step in tuning for me) if they decide to go ahead with this farcical stance and lawsuit against Dave.

So, a poll to show Hondata what we think of their actions. This is the only way we can show them exactly what a tightrope they are (or maybe are not) walking. They may be doing irreparable damage to their business.

I come from Scotland and everyone over here is talking. The honda community is global. Hondata should realise this. People talk and no-one likes to see the company squash the little guy. Especially when the little guy has selflessly helped out SO MANY of us other little guys. So come on, put your name down and let all us little guys stand up and be counted. After all, the ONLY thing that Hondata cares about are the $$$ in YOUR pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:19 pm 

My names down and ill be sending a donation later too

good luck from northern ireland :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:51 am 

I've already made my donation and wishing Dave and everyone else involved the best of luck for us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:21 pm 
Senior Developer

be careful boys and girls... Try not to attack hondata too much please. It's not going to help anyone. I personally will continue to use Hondata's products as long as better alternatives aren't available, regardless of the outcome of things. I'm not going to tell tuning customers to fuck off simply because they're using Hondata.