pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Yay! It's over!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:49 am 

The negative publicity from this must have cost them a lot of customers. And Im sure the loss to business must be 100 times more than what you landed up spending.

I for one have put my planed purchases on hold after reading all this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:54 pm 

Quote:
The negative publicity from this must have cost them a lot of customers. And Im sure the loss to business must be 100 times more than what you landed up spending.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Same here.....
I was planning on buying and S300 a while back, but after all this started, I kinda felt that Hondata is a big enough business to do without one more sale. They have great products and software, I've used an S300 before, works great. They say there's no BAD publicity, but in this case, BAD publicity might've cost them a lot more than anyone would guess...

Great job to all the brothers and sisters that make this the best Honda tunning site there is.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm 

Hi my 2 cents on this subject is like this:

Hondata is a cool example of what is to have initiative and from there create/develop a "system" that is confirmedly effective and somehow perfect in the area it deals with. WE require that kind of systems in any area of life. But few are gifted with the skills to acomplish it, and still they require living as supporting themselves by working. So, If there is any greed coming into play then Hondata deserves to pay hard for it. That is no diferent to any other company in any area of business. Greed from the perspective of "wanting always more", must be punished, wether the "system" protects that already or not. Same goes to anyone that works skillfully in any area of labour and allows abuse within doing it.

Capitalism still permits this. Its slavery what we are allowing in this world. WE forget that there is actually people in this world that enjoy what they do, regardless if they earn money with it or not. There are others points implyed, (like competition in terms of who produces what, that is the base of how we will trash this planet that "still" supports us), but that is THE main point. Are we really "living life"?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm 

thething96 wrote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Same here.....
I was planning on buying and S300 a while back, but after all this started, I kinda felt that Hondata is a big enough business to do without one more sale. They have great products and software, I've used an S300 before, works great. They say there's no BAD publicity, but in this case, BAD publicity might've cost them a lot more than anyone would guess...

Great job to all the brothers and sisters that make this the best Honda tunning site there is.....

I know its a old thread but I completely agree. It has cost them my business and the business of anyone else I talk to about it. Its like the big company bullying the small people out there type of thing in my mind.

Glad it all came to a rest and a settlement was reached.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:19 pm 

blundar, I´d like to write to your email, can you write to me so I can write you back? my email is W
wmackert@gmail.com, thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 am 

Blundar... Congratulations!!