pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:59 pm 
Im new here so this is probably the wrong place for this but I'm looking for a bin for a ls/vtec 11.5-12.0:1 c/r, t3/t4 50 trim, huge cam. help please already melted one piston and block, don't want to do it again. any more questions about my set up to help out just ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:05 am 
You melted one piston and block already? Not to be a dick but pick one, 12:1 or boost man. If you really are running this sort of setup, you need to find a real (good!) tuner and have it tuned or at least buy your own wideband. Any .bin someone will give you is going to be a shot in the dark and will more than likley melt another piston.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:18 am 
Somehow I think a post I made about this got deleted....

...in so many words, make one. There are a lot of tutorials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:36 am 

Hey man, I don't think there is anyone here who wants to blow your engine.... and I doubt anyone can make a base map for you.... You've gove in to a baaaad teritory: high CR+turbo
Either find a really good tuner, like nfn15037 suggested, or find a good wideband, knock board and start tuning that bastard real slow Oh and btw, read, read, read, because if you don't tune very slowly and cautiously, you'll end up blowing it again. You may lowe the CR. That will give you some better chance of survival and a bigger margin for error and boost.

Anyway, find a VERY skilled tuner, or tune it yourself with GREAT care and understanding
:thumbs_up: ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:48 am 
Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:24 pm 
yea guess you have a point there, was doing the tuning with stock computer, v-afc II, 3 bar map and 780cc inj. and 110 race gas. Was good in a/r about 12.3 but was only pulling 317hp. Also the speed limiter was still there. So a guy from a shop out of town"that seemed to be really interested in my setup" let me use his puter that was supposed to only have all the limiters took out of it and that was all. The next day at the track after a year of running the care this way....kazooie. So I'm kinda stuck on the high c/r and boosted. cause I ran the car for a year and no problems, until the chipped puter was added. you draw the conclusion. any was thanks again if you guys hear of anthing close let me know. I'm rebuilding it now so changing the C/R a little is not a problem. but i still wanna try to stay high comp.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]