pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:29 pm 
Senior Developer

viewtopic.php?t=5980

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:56 pm 

Now, I dunno if this is theright place to post this but...

I was looking at the asm code, and in particular to the speed limiter when I had this fking crazy idea...

Nowaday almost all the cars have cruise control...Why not stick that into the bin?

I know it is useless for some of us (like me..) that don't have the "drive by wire" system, but I guess that many of you guys with more recent cars, would like to have something like that... or not?

Maybe I'm beyng too simplistic, but it would take a register ( or a value in the stack) to store the dsired speed, and a subtration ( or test or compare, the funtion that worked the fastest). Then upon the result being positive or negative, the ecu could adjust the speen.

Exiting this routine could be achieved, reading the tps ( for instance, WOT to exit) or by clicking the same switch that was used to enter cruise control mode.

It's just an idea... what do u guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:22 pm 
Cruise control system control the throttle also. Ecu doesn't have access to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

all obd1 and obd2 hondas have hardwire throttlebody, cant put cruise control there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:50 pm 

So, no "drive-by-wire"... damn! I knew that hard-wired TB's were unable to have cruise control... but I didn't knew honda is still building hard-wired tb's... ok, silly post... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:35 pm 

has anyone thought about integrating a traction control system that works off the speed sensor and the rpm's? it would be quite simple, but i have no idea if its doable in the programming aspect. basically all you would have to do is put in the gear ratios and final drive to determine how fast the engine is running in a given gear at a given vehicle speed and have somethin check to see if the rpms match the vss. or is the vss just an on off type switch? im not sure but say if it varied buy + or - 300rpmsand have a spark cut that would drop keep it from reving over whatever rpm it dected wheel slip. just an idea.

sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Speed and RPM will aways be proportinal, even on no traction. the VSS is directly linked to the differential. Did you ever noticed when spinning front tires on winter, the Speed shown is how fast the wheel spins and not the actual vector movement of the car ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:49 am 
As far as I know, there _is_ no stock sensor that would be uneffected by wheel spin.

With that said, Dave's idea is pretty much the only way of doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:09 am 

It would be nice if somehow you could compare the rear tires to the front tires. And allow for a percent of variation due to turning. That would require a bunch of hardware mods though. I am roughly thinking of something like putting four magnetic strips on the inside of the rims and a magnetic sensor that will read the rotation. Connect them to a box that can make a decision to say that the front is spinning much faster than the rear and throw a rev limit signal or something. A comparator of sort with an output to interject into the ecu somehow.... just some wag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:42 pm 
Maybe you could use sensors (which was previously stated) to measure the avg. speed of the front vs. the avg. speed of the rear. If the sensors put out the number in the form of linear voltage, then you could set it to only allow a certain amount of voltage difference. Once that voltage was exceeded, a voltage signal could be sent to the ECU telling how much greater the voltage was and the ECU could determine how much to cut down spark or fuel or somethin depending on engine RPM and gear. There could be a different equation for each gear. I think this could be achieved "fairly easily". Just a thought.

Keenan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:56 am 
Move the VSS to a rear wheel with an ABS sensor setup and a modulation board to give the correct pulse routine as the OEM honda gearbox item. Would make the Launch control work even better too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:06 pm 

Then again... we should start hacking the anti-lock brake PCM's... since this has all of that data already incorporated for handling wheelspin differences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:55 am 

on GM vehicle's the PCM uses the ABS systems monitoring of wheel spin differences, and activates ABS and reduces fuel and timing to get the car back in control. This is what happens when my Fleetwood goes in the TC mode.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]