pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Y8 in Ef ( searched )
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:02 pm 
Im running obd0 with a chipped pm6 with vtec, problem is finding any idea of what the maps are supposed to look like or run like. I just am looking for something to start from. I jsut dont wanna be way off. anyone got a stockish map for a y8 or any other sohc vtec?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:40 pm 

you can run PR3 dual maps, or the NG60 vtec basemaps, the NG60 rom dosent idle for shit with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:43 am 
Hi, well got the car running great, idles awesome etc... just wondering what the vtec maps should look like, timing / fuel wise above vtec. Is it going to be comparable to uberdata / chrome values? Or are the values in the list just numbers specific to the program. Anyone have a Y8 or Z6 map for turboedit other then the ng60 vtec rom? Cause the timing and fuel on that is a stock A6 setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:47 am 
Also, if i open a stock vtec rom, would i be able to just take the values, correct for columns and get a rough basemap from that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:35 am 
Ok, so i took a stock sohc vtec map in crome, compared it to my map i have in turbo edit, first thing i noticed is timing is higher in crome map, then mine. also my map was considerably richer in duty cycle. 8-10% in some spots.

Would i be able to make my vtec y8 map by roughly converting values from a map in crome ex. total timing in a certain vacuum and rpm and making it comparable in TE. and same for injector duty cycle. Or am i WAY off base with how the programs work.

I took the car out for a spin, it has an exhaust leak so its hard to hear much but it idles great, pulls good, but when vtec kicks it almost feels like its bogging, but if i am correct its also considerably richer and retarded compared to the stock z6 map i looked at.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]