pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:17 am 
here's the info. turboedit 2.6.1 ng60_18 I tuned it pretty well while the turbo was off, even though i burnt the chip wrong i think (buffer addressing was 00000 and -7FFF) and i had the plx wideband running the closed loop. Now i have the stock narrowband back in and all the turbo components on and it seems like it has a mind of it's own. Like earlier it was idling and it just all of the sudden goes lean 16.1 at 750rpm and the whole map is lean from idle to 2k. So it starts to heat up and i hit the fan switch and after a few mins the idle is perfect 14.7. This was after i had been driving so i know it was already warmed up.. I am loosing my mind with this damn thing so if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

Well i checked the few things i thought might cause this.. o2 sensor and vac leak.. wasn't that. Is there anybody that has a working ng60 bin with 450cc's on a b18? I am starting to think there is something wrong with the code i have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:14 am 
is it possible or likely that a chip would do funny things after so many programings? I am using the sst chip and have programed it quite a few times now and now when i use it in the car it goes completely lean 19.9 and lugs down the road if i am criusing and completely rich 10.0 when i give it some throttle. I added a lot of fuel across the whole map which is probably why it reads complete rich while under throttle but at anything other than 2k-2.5k its completely lean while cruising.. So is it a strong possiblity that my chip is fried?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:39 am 

dragonz91teg wrote:
is it possible or likely that a chip would do funny things after so many programings? I am using the sst chip and have programed it quite a few times now and now when i use it in the car it goes completely lean 19.9 and lugs down the road if i am criusing and completely rich 10.0 when i give it some throttle. I added a lot of fuel across the whole map which is probably why it reads complete rich while under throttle but at anything other than 2k-2.5k its completely lean while cruising.. So is it a strong possiblity that my chip is fried?

it takes a lot of burns to screw it up (1000+)

anyways, get a pressure/vacumm gauge and see at what vacumm does the car goes supper rich... remove on that column, and see where it is lean and add on the column that its lean

i think the fuel settings have too drastic of changes on your map

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:43 pm 
i have a vac gauge and have been tuning like that for almost two weeks now.. The problem is the tune i was using was working perfect when i had the 450's in but no turbo.. now with the turbo in it doesn't want to accelerate from 1500-2000 rpm whenever the car is in this range and i hit the gas it jolts violently. so i started to add fuel in the said rpm range at 19 and 21inhg. The problem still went on so i added some more fuel and it didn't get any better. so i increased fuel across the whole 1500-2000rpm map to see if that would help and no dice..

So from there i downloaded an old map xenocron had made and copy/pasted the fuel and timing maps into the ng60 code, burnt that and still had the same problem. So i tried a new map and increased fuel across the whole thing and still same problem same rpm.. From there i tried xenocrons map using ng55 code same exact problem still, then i tried bre using both ng55 and ng60 and had the same problem.

From there i tried disconnecting the stock narrowband sensor, double checked vacuum, switched back the the ngk sparkplugs that i new didn't have a problem and checked cap, rotor and plug wires thinking that maybe it was an ignition problem to no avail. The only thing i can think of now is the chip or maybe ecu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:58 pm 
You dont have the wideband still? I'd get that back on there to see how its running. Why would you tune without the turbo, then slap the turbo on and expect it to run well?

My apologies if I've misread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:20 pm 
baker_jeff wrote:
You dont have the wideband still? I'd get that back on there to see how its running. Why would you tune without the turbo, then slap the turbo on and expect it to run well?

My apologies if I've misread...

yeah i have a wideband and i never took it out.. i tuned without the turbo to get the na part of the maps dialed in before i had to worry about boost. Any way i am pretty sure it's the chip because i put a program in that was starting and idling just fine the other day and it went way lean today on both ecu's i tried it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:15 pm 
Ok well i still have problems.. I've tried so many different tunes now and still my car is not running right. I've been trying to figure this out but i need some help. it's like the engine dies for a second when cruising in high vac and then giving like half or more throttle.. I think it might be the tune but it doesn't seem to matter what i do i can't get it right. One thing I don't understand is how I can be at one vacuum (say 20inhg) and 1000rpm and be running at 14-15 but at 1100rpm be at 13-12 at the same vac. How do you tune for this? It's driving me crazy cause if I subtract fuel than the 1100rpm spot is in spec but the 1000rpm area is too lean. also what is with the -31 scalar when the stock map only goes to -26? Can you just leave it alone or does it need tuned as well? I really want to learn to tune myself but i can't help but feel i am missing something. Is there someone in the Spokane, WA/CDA,ID area on here familiar with turboedit?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]