pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 pm 

I can't get this GO%*AMN'd Romulator to work for a freakin year now!!!!

I burn chips with the best of 'em, but I am sick of tuning that way, it's a damn pain. My freakin Romulator WON'T work.

1) Has ANYONE, CAN ANYONE, vouch that the Xtronics Romulator works with Turbo Edit!?

2) What exact sequence do you load the bin, start the car, key in on position etc.?

I can't get rid of the solid cel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:05 pm 

Bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:53 pm 

I can state catagorically that it works in BRE

I have used a romulator permanently attached to my PR3 for the last couple of months, and my spare Romulator when tuning my wifes PW0-E00 B16 Vtec ecu

BRE supports the NG60 rom

Just a thought ;)

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:39 pm 

Hmm...gonna have to download that and give it a try. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:35 pm 

hookup all the hardware, make sure the red line on the ribbon cable look towards the harness side of the ecu

turn the laptop and have turboedit already opened with the bin file

make sure all the settings under options are in synch with the laptop (com ports, baud, etc)

turn the ignition on ON

click on the RTP on turboedit, a window will come up and tell ya if its working

now turn key on OFF< then ON, and start the car

you should be able to tune on the fly from now on

remember to click on SAVE a few times everytime you make any changes that work good

i have used this ROMulator many times and works ok for me, but now i got an ostrich and works great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:40 pm 

So I have an update.

I did everything like stated above...the ROMulator IS connecting. Here's what's happening.

I turn the key on...solid cel...I load the bin then hit RTP....I turn the key off, then back on...still solid cel. I used different bins...even the one that I have burned to a chip that the car runs perfectly on. Won't work. The RTP IS connected though....when I change something, in the ROM window and error comes up. It says

Bit wryte error 0x3F or something like that. I have it copied on my other computer. I have the same problem when I use Crome with it too....it connects, reads from the ECU, verifies the connection, but still won't make the solid cel go away.

Can someone give me com port settings and Romulator communication settings? Or maybe someone that knows the fix for Bit wryte error 0x3F help a brother out!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:20 am 
bUMP.... I have the same problem with TE been trying different version of the TE + tried firm ware changes on the Ostich but still no problem, and same error message as you mentioned came up everytime.

It connects and say sync'in with the rom but it stops there and trying press a key the same error message comes up.

Post subject: solid cel
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:22 am 
im using te 2.6.1 with ostrich it seems to load bin onto ostrich but ecu does not recognize it . solid cel with key on . anybody have any input

edit: fixed problem bad ribbon cable between ecu and ostrich

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]