pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:36 pm 
This is just a basemap that I started tuning my car on with a new 3 bar map sensor.

The motor is a obd0 d16a6, stock compression with srp pistons eagle rods. Dsm 450's, turbo edit, gm 3 bar. The cam gear is set to 0* and I believe the dist to be set in the midle aswell, or atleast its in the middle of its travel.

I was looking at my ignition maps and I have no idea what the numbers mean, but the numbers seem to jump around form cell to cell like crazy with big increases and decreases

if anyone could possibly check them over and give me pointers or send me there emails so I can send them the bin and they can help me out Id apprecaite it.

Im looking for a descent tune obviously, run on the street on 91 octane and about 15psi, starts making boost about 2700rpm.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic...s=f10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:23 am 
I definetely need some help on exactly what numbers I should be shooting for while in boost

I dont get what the numbers are representing compared to my base timing of 16*

Like @ 5psi what number should I be at? 15psi?

Dont really get that, feels seems to be down pat steady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:28 am 

timing values are the total igntion advance
means when the ecu is going to fire in degrees of crank angle before TDC

you need to smooth them out or the car will hesitate like a bi+ch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:16 pm 
What numbers should I be going for

Cant find any others running an a6 on this boost, atleast I cant find there maps anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:09 am 
EDIT:

Heres the map I came up with after some smoothing

Alright, I know fuck all aout ignition timing, no idea how much a regular car on a 3 bar and this much boost would be and I couldnt find any bins to ref it to

So I just smoothed them out

Im pretty sure this is conservative as fuck but could someone give me some pointers, maybe I could add some more timing in places or I have to much

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/8/2 ... .jpg&s=f10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:03 am 
make your own chart in excel and then you can graph the map. it becomes blatenly obvious how unsmooth your map is after that. that helped me out a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:34 am 
like 4g VTEC said - when in your map you set timing at 18* you will fire 2* before TDC. I have read somewhere that forSOHC non VTEC engine it is OK to have timing at 20* at 10PSI. There are different lines for different RPMs find one with safe 18* at 10PSI (3700RPM in your map) and copy the line all the way downt at your RPM range for your boost portion of map only leaving N/A as is. That is what theory says read somewhere and I am going to try it. Feel free to flame me if this is bullshit.

Here I have question to experienced tuners - how to compensare RPMs. As all know mixture burns at the same speed no matter what RPMs are, so when my timing is at 18* for 3700 RPM then for 4400RPM it should sit at 21.4* (3700/4400=18*/advance at 4400), is that logic correct? Or i do not need it? I have EGT gauge so assuming at 3700 my EGT sits where I need and to keep it I should use this logic.
Also what do you thing about advancing dizzy 1* and retarding all boost partition of the map 1* to have better response in N/A portion, would it be OK?

*Edit*

The pistone speed close to TDC is much lower than in the middle of a stroke, so can't do simple math, but still the thing should bo considered I believe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]