pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:01 pm 
Today I put in my DSM 450s, and set the fuel pressure the way it should be... Idle sucks balls, sound like I have a huge loping cam, CEL comes on with a "lean" O2 code at 'high' vacuum (20-30"). So I went into TE and changed the "-17" to "-30" fuel map, I added 25%, and it seems to run ok now, and idles fine, no code...

I follow all of the directions on how to setup a basemap by importing the maps, then adjust everything just like the "how to setup a basemap", setup for everything I'm using at the moment, and its always EXTREMELY lean until I adjust it. Has anyone else came across this??

I am running a PM6 ECU, in a '91 Si with a D16Y7. It is not turbo at the moment, I'm trying to get used to doing this stuff before I boost. 450cc DSMs, 38psi fuel pressure at idle, no other mods...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:53 am 
Are you positive they are 450's? We had this issue with my friends car, changed it to 390's and bam, ran real close to what it should, was rich but close. 450s it was WAY lean. Try different injectors sizes, maybe someone gave u auto dsm injectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:14 pm 

why would you put 450cc injectors, almost twise as big as stock on a non-turbo motor?
no wonder its not working right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:03 pm 
I did the same thing.. the reason i did it was to get everything sorted out and figure out how to tune and such doing the part throttle and wot BEFORE i put the turbo on, therefore when i did id have a much better idea of what im doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:25 pm 
Ayeso, how can you tell the difference between 450cc and 390cc? I bought them from a DSM friend of mine, and they're blue top... I don't reason that Dodge/Mitsu would make two injectors that are different size the same color.

4g vtec, how do you expect 450's to run on a boosted motor based on your comment? Boosted motors vacuum like NA motors when not under boost... If the ECU is programmed to run that size injector correctly, then it will adjust for the right amount of fuel for whatever pressure it is at. The only problem here is that the ECU isn't programmed correctly for the injector.

It takes this board FOREVER to respond.... I finally figured it out, I just had to keep adjusting and adjusting. Ayeso, I think you're on to something though because just adjusting fuel pressure seemed to help vacuum and boost conditions. I am boosted now, and everything is working fine, I'd just like to get to the bottom of this so I can avoid something like this in the future.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]