pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:26 am 

I have made it this far just by searching alone. but I really want to do this right but it has been a week now. Between HMT and PGMFI I've cut and welded pipe together burned a bin and my car runs pretty decent (rich)with only 5psi of boost.

I'm using the latest of TE with ECUcontrol plugin, I'm getting data but I'm not logging. Should there be blocks filing up with information? I just have numbers changing like; RPM, TPS, and MPH to name a few the O2 info fluctuates also but I"m not sure I'm receiving good info.

It took a lot of work to get the DKU-5 working but it is now.

I"m using a Zeitronix analog output to a PM6 ECU at the O2 connection on the engine block.

I notice people speak of seeing ratio's like 14.7 or 13.5 with accelaration but I don't see anything like that,

I would like a little help on this one. I would like to use maptrace(I've heard it makes tuning a little easier along with autotune)

Basically.....I am getting the information how do I log it? I'm sure I can manipulate numbers (in small increments) but I just need to log though

any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:36 pm 

lots of lookers but no replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:35 am 

sakpase wrote:
lots of lookers but no replies.

which plugin are you using? link me to it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:50 pm 

I'll look for it but I started with TE 2.5.2 and NG55 map. I couldn't get the ecucontrol to work so I DL'ed 2.6.X something and now ecucontrol comes up but I still have the same dilema.

udate: This is what I'm working with. http://www.xenocron.com/downloads/TurboEdit-2.6.zip
I got this off of the "engine managment" thread on HMT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:26 pm 

This stuff feels like homework, you have to understand.......I am all over this site literally and am taking in a lot of info but this is the Library that I am using
http://ecucontrol.pgmfi.org/ecucontrol.dll

thanks for a little help I still have to finish my real school work, I'm getting too old for school work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:43 pm 

I am having the same problem. I think it has something to do with TPS values. Everytime I try and calibrate mine the min and max are alway the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:41 am 

I believe I'm getting the TPS values correctly but I'll make sure, I'll try to log on the way to work this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:07 pm 

:twisted: ::ranting and raving::

All right Brettr I know what you are talking about. I fire up TE and go under File and hit Datalogger and I get the friendly reminder to check my Options, I do. I tried to calibrate my TPS but it doesn't calibrate oh well, while I'm in there I make sure everything else is set correctly; communication ports, o2 sensor output...etc etc.

I click Start Logging nothing happens I'm dissappointed but I have to get to work. 1/4 of the way to work I look down and guess what.......Damn right that bitch is logging it's ass off. I'm happy as hell all the way to work I accel and decel go into boost a couple of times, I'm cheesin' hard.

I get to work pull in the parking spot look down it's still logging, I'm ready to take my laptop in to work and play with my new readings and crunch some numbers, I turn the ignition off and lean over to save my data, but I get some runtime error and the ecucontrol plugin goes away.

:cry:

I don't even go to work at this point I fire up TE again and try to get it to log, nothing happens I can't get it to log at all after 15mins of messing with it, I end up being late to work and I'm not even pissed just at the program so far.

I know I'm close WTF is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:20 pm 

BrettR & sakpase-

sounds like you are not using the plugin...but the datalogger that was incorporated into TE (from mynameistin). use the plugin manager to load the ecucontrol.dll then select that plugin and ecucontrol should start up. you wont have to calibrate your tps...

or better yet, just use the standalone ecucontrol and make sure everything works first...(except for wideband o2).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:49 pm 

should my ecucontrol be 5.8.X something?

I am going to drive home and log something with the standalone ecucontrol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:14 pm 

Damn I can't win for losing. This is why I wasn't seeing anything get logged
:oops:
Have to put a check mark in the "log file" box(highlighted by the blue arrow). plain as day....unless you aren't looking for it. you TE gurus are laughing this one up aren't you. :roll:

Guess what I cannot load a logfile that I have saved. what button am I not finding now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:19 pm 

i was going to say that in my first post...did you check the box? but then i erased it cause i thought, theres no way.... :P

sakpase wrote:
Guess what I cannot load a logfile that I have saved. what button am I not finding now?

i dont think you can load a log file (dont have the program in front of me)...it saves it as a csv file...open it with excel.

OT: can you post up your log file that you did with the standalone version? im working on a spreadsheet that calcs hp/tq/gear/correct speed no matter what gear your in. if so let me know what vehicle you have(weight), and what tranny/gearing/tire size you have. also any guess on hp/tq or dyno sheet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:21 pm 

Hey fastcrxsi, that sounds like something everyone would want I'll get the file up in a little bit, meanwhile I found this: http://www.crxsi.com/specs.htm

I can't upload the file (don't have permission) maybe YIM or email?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:06 am 
im having the same problem as the original poster except id rather not drive my car until i can get it tuned better. i also see numbers such as rpm and map but it will not fill in the table. what else did you do to fix it? i also have problems calibrating my tps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:28 am 

Don't worry about the TPS calibration.

First off make sure you check the box that says "log file" I know it may sound redundant but that is what my problem was. Also the program won't log at idle, at least that is what I've read and it does that for me, just accelarate a little and you see the tables fill up with information.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]