pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reading a bin file
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 am 

hey guys im trying to read the binary file for a p30 base and i cant get the low cam rpms to read correctly im trying the math on the wiki which is:

This is the conversion from the "low cam" 8-bit RPM values used for VTEC crossover points and in the low-cam tables.

It involves some modular arithmetic, so it's easier to break it up into a couple extra steps.

# Y = input value, 0 to 256 # let H = floor(Y/64) ''Where floor(x) = trunc(x) = int(x) = integer part of x. Fractional part truncated. Whatever you want to call it'' # let L = Y - (H-1)*64 # RPM = 1875000 * L * 2^H / 240000

You can also do it this way, using the modulo operator: # Y = input value, 0 to 256 # Q = Y div 64 ''(integer division, same as floor(Y/64) above)'' # R = Y mod 64 ''(modulus, i.e. remainder after division)'' # RPM = (2^Q)*(floor(R*500/64) + 500)

i cant get it to calculate the rpms correctly i already have the high cam rpms calculated correctly since the equation is simpler i think i have some order of operations mixed up or something if anyone has done this please post some pseudo code or something...

many thanks for any help