pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:00 am 

Hey everyone.

I am torn between getting a 1wire o2 sensor, or adding an o2 heater circuit to my JDM ECU.

I have a JDM P08-010 ECU. It is currently chipped with an ostrich and running my D15B. I am having lots of issues with the car's emissions centered around the o2 sensor. I recently installed a brand-new Bosch 4-wire o2 to replace my not-so-old 4-wire. The car gets better mileage... but only on a real hot day.

The ECU I have does not contain an o2 heater circuit, and I was wondering if anyone has a diagram or explination of the circuit logic that the ECU contains. I could possible come up with my own heater circuit, but I need to know how it functions with the ECU first. Some o2's have a variable pulse on the heater based on load/temp etc.... it acts like a test for the o2 element itself.... but some just have a constant 12V.... and I can't find any data on the subject.

I was wondering if anyone has made this conversion to their JDM ECU before... and if so if they could share some insight, it would be much appreciated. I don't wanna have to chip another ECU [p06] and do a VTEC conversion on it..... it would make the $100 I spent on this ECU kinda pointless.

I was thinking of tracking down the circuit pathways to/from the o2 heater pins on the JDM ecu, then the USDM ECU... to see if I can just make a daughterboard for it, then wire it in.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:18 pm 

nothing yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:51 am 

keepin it alive... someone out there has to know how the heater circuit works on a obd1 ECU.... I just mainly need to know if it's a steady 12V or a pulsed modulation of some sort...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:00 pm 

First off, chill out. Three posts in one day is unwarranted. We move at a much slower pace here than many other forums. Fear not, the people who have the information and care enought to respond wil come through and answer.
Second, this is all covered in the wiki article regarding hardware conversions. All you should really need to do is add a transistor and change the ROM to reflect it. Go look in the wiki for details.
Third, don't use Bosch Oxygen Sensors. They suck more dick than... Er... They just suck. Use NTK or Denso. They MAY caost a little more, but they are definitely worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:48 pm 

first off, I have checked the wiki, I have done searches in it as well... using terms suck as "o2 heater" and "heater" etc.... nothing nada.

I havent had anyone here try to give me some reply without some attitude.... I am sorry that you coundn't be nice and say "LOOK FOR THE 1-4 WIRE o2 conversion"... instead I get attitude.

as far as bosch o2 sensor: It was free... so free is better than anything at this point.

Sorry for asking questions and inspiring your drama.... there's more to every story aside from the 5 lines written in a post...... I keep finding it more and more difficult to get real help without the constant slander that comes from this site.

I'll take my questions/knowledge elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:46 am 

Wow, you have a lot of unneeded hostility. I was neither rude, nor did I fail to point you to the location of the information you wanted. Having read all of your other posts, it appears to me that when YOU act like a bitch, other community member treat YOU like one. I also believe that you don't know what the word "slander" means, because you are not using it correctly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]