pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:54 am 
hello,
I am quite new to this board and had a few questions on changing values on the Honda programs.

Lets say for example:
8000 Rev limit
4500 VTEC

If I am changing the values on the LOW(non-vtec) maps. Do the tables go from IDLE to VTEC(4500 rpms) or Do the tables go from IDLE to the REV limit(8000rpms)?

[I assume that the tables go from idle to rev limit, as the ecu would need some values for when VTEC is not activated past the VTEC point (for example when the engine is too cold for VTEC) Please confirm or correct my assumption on this]

If the LOW maps do indeed go to revlimit; Do the LOW map values interpolate with the VTEC map values when the ecu changes to VTEC OR Does it just change to VTEC maps and ignore the LOW map values altogether?

Also, Lets say I raise the rev limit to 10000rpms.
Would that change the maps to give values up to 10000 rpms? It seems that I can only raise the revlimits but the Map values end at the stock rev limit (8000 in my example).
What happens if I drop the rev limit to 6000 rpms? What will happen to the map values? Would it shrink the maps?
[This is kind of confusing to me, as I have played around with different Honda programs and the maps are to the same size in my software, but REV limits (along with VTEC) from Honda are different and in each program, It seems that I can only change data to its respective Honda Rev limit (no matter what I rasie the limit to), for example: GSR fuel/timing can be changed to stock 8200 rev limit even though I raise revlimit to 9000, ITR fuel/timing can be changed to stock 8600 revlimit; 400 rpms more than GSR.]

One last question
Probably all Honda programs are different, But I was wondering if their is a program (or equation) that I can use to match fuel/timing addressess in the maps with the actual RPMs of the engine? [Right now I am just approximating the location by dividing the RPMs by the size of the maps and it is somewhat close but I would like to be able to get exact rpms(possibly by every 100 rpms or finer)]

Again, I am pretty new to this board and Honda programs in general and would appreciate some sort of help with my questions (even if it is a link to the archives in this board, as I couldnt find much help with the search function) thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:31 pm 
Here is some info from Hondata, hopefully this will be of some help:

http://www.hondata.com/techecuanatomy.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]