pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:25 pm 
Senior Developer

Here is the "famous" excel spreadsheet done by JW to calculate values to plug into the ROM based on more normal timing and fuel measures.

I made a few changes:

1. The sheet is "Universalized" - simply changing the two active table points in the top of the sheet will alter all table addresses such that you can use this for ANY honda rom assuming you know the table entry points (and the table format stays the same :) ) If you happen to know table entry points for any of the ??ed roms, please post.

2. The sheet now outputs hex values directly instead of decimal. You NEED the analysis toolkit that comes with Excel to view the values.

Hope this helps!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:26 pm 
Senior Developer

just in case I screwed something up with the DEC2HEX function, here is the JW original.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:02 am 

Hey, blundar,

Nice job on the update! I like it! The ability to change the addresses to accomodate other chips makes the sheet so much more valuable. I'll look into the other ROM images I've collected and add the addresses for the maps as I find them!

91crxsi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:00 pm 

By the way, I went ahead and checked several other ROMs - I couldn't tell exactly where the maps were on some other ones, but interestingly enough, the pm7's maps are in the same format as the pm6. What's more, they are in the exact same location! I don't know if this is by coincidence or by design. In any case, what this means is that you can use the excel spreadsheet to reprogram your pm7. I think it also means that you can cut and paste that block of bytes DIRECTLY from your pm7 code into your pm6 code, and the only other thing you have to do to get it working is make sure the checksum comes out 0. I have created a "zcpm6" hybrid program that does this. I don't have a ZC engine to test it on, though, but I'll post the .bin for those of you who want to give it a spin.

91crxsi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:53 pm 
Hey, you never revealed how you compensated for boost? Did you change the multiplier, and move or expand the maps? Also, where did you find the loop that triggers the CEL for the MAP sensor over 4.3 volts? Thanks!

Mike

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]