pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:53 pm 
Hello guys.

Well i have this doubt and i can´t find any info on it, so pls give me a help! :)
I have the lambdaboy jr and i wanted to be able to log wb data with crome pro.
I´ve seen that the stock ecu port accepts only 0-1v and the wb will give me 0-5v. So i assume i can´t plug it on the ecu.
Is this true or not? Becuase i see the support in crome for several wb but don´t know how to plug it.

I was looking at the lb jr board and saw that the pic has 2 data lines unused and on 91crxsi topic selling the lb he says that the unit writes to a serial port but it´s not connected.

I saw that the pic has pin 2 and 3 unpluged and theese 2 are data lines.
Does anyone know if theese lines are used?

If i´m making a mess in my head can anyone explain it better?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:21 pm 

as long as it has a linear output you can feed it into the ECU, then add the coresponding values into Crome so it can display the readings correctly.

take a look at the WIKI ( http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WideBandO2 )
read a little between the lines... along with the instructions that came with your WB you should be able to figure out how to connect everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:44 pm 
For what is see so far:

EGO output: puts out a step, 0v when lean and 0,8v when rich

LAF: as julian wong said: connect a volt meter and power the unit. the meter will synthesize the AFR for 10, 14,7 and 16AFR. Mesure these voltages and make a 3 point looup table in excel.

I assume that i should use the LAF for feeding the ecu on the stock wires.
Then crome will see the wb output?

I hope so... ;)

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:30 pm 

You can also modify the ECU hardware to accept the full 5V signal, versus the 3.8V signal it's limited to in it's stock form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:48 pm 
Kabuki wrote:
You can also modify the ECU hardware to accept the full 5V signal, versus the 3.8V signal it's limited to in it's stock form.

uuummm.... i could do that.
I´m going to have a look at the hardware by the O2 sensor at the ecu and give it a thought. Never realised that...! where´s my head sometimes?

But will the routines be able to handle the extra V?
I mean, if the software expects a 0-1v input will it handle the 0-5v without any code cange?

Besides this hardware mod how do you gyus plug your wb to be seen by crome?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:46 am 

I have both a WBo2 (the Aussie one) and a Lambdaboy Jr.

I prefer to use the WBo2 by far. The effective "resolution" above AFR 14.7 on the Lambdaboy is pretty much useless. For one thing, stoich is approx. 4 volts; a richer mixture = lower voltage, leaner mixture=higher voltage.

Aside from the fact that it only leaves 1 volt to cover the "lean" area, the readings themselves (at least on my unit) are USELESS. Only the "rich" area seems accurate. My unit is for a an L1H1 sensor... don´t know if the Bosch version is any better.

Effectively I can´t really use the Lambdaboy for tuning. But it would be okay to install permanently in my own car to verify the mixture visually under boost.

/Bindegal

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]