pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Datalog with FTDI Friend
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:21 am 

OK Guys, so i have been looking into methods of datalogging and could go hulog, or whatever. But i do like building my own things when i can. So i was going to go the nokia DKU-5 route, however the cables are a bit hard to come by. So i looked around, found out that newer gigaware USB-Serial cables use a prolific 2302 chip, to drop to TTL levels. Well i wired one up and got nothing. So i looked around more, and found out that Adafruit and arduino etc programmers, are basically FTDI TTL cables, on a circuit board. So i picked one up from a electronics shop for
~$10. Well i got it all to open and register in FreeLog, loopback test passes, sanity check passes, etc and it will read data... But its waaay off. Says im doing 100+ parked, jumping all over the place. Rpms jump from 89-960 but wont go higher. Etc.

So my question is... Does it sound more like its my datalog setup using a Arduino FTDI friend (USB-TTL converter with a fancy name) or mg datalogging software/ pc?

P.s. i havent been able tonfind any info on anyonenusing these dor datalogging. But if it does work in will be making a write up on how to use them theyre cheap and abundant and relatively simple to set up (from a wiring stabd point) and since the nokia cable method is basically gone... This could be another cheap, reliable way to datalog.

Edit again.. It appears the board im using is.. Essentially a HondaLog, with more outputs, on a newer version of FTDI's chip. But same specs. Its almost like someone added 2 more outputs to use a hondalog for arduino programming. So i dont see this being the issue... I might as well be using a hondalog. So.. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:18 pm 

Bump, anyone?