pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:09 pm 

guys,

I am quoting this from the library section for discussion as i am trying to understand what happens within the ECU when we do the RP jumper configuration.

Quote:
"A hardware/software interaction will determine whether a program in an ECU behaves as a manual or auto.

Hardware configuration of RP17/RP18 determines whether the ECU hardware is setup for auto or manual. See Auto To Manual to learn how to change the hardware. If an ECU is jumpered to be a manual, it will always run like a manual.

ECU programs are responsible for checking the jumper configuration in order to enable auto transmission control. What this means is that you can make a ECU that is jumpered to be an automatic think that it is a manual using a program that has the auto circuitry check disabled. The most notable example of this type of program are the numerous "mugen" programs. Also, (I may be mistaken on this) some stock programs (EDM P30???) do not check for the auto trans jumper config. Most USDM (P74/P75, P28, PM6, etc.) definately do check for the auto trans jumpers.

the question is : when we do the RP jumper as we are converting auto to manual, does this make the ecu just ignore the check for auto lockup solenoid? just to prevent throwing code 19, or does it switch to a different ignition / timing table for running a manual trans?

lets say if we compare fuel/ ignition tables of a P29 auto to manual side by side, would they be the same or different?

the ECU I am working on, it is running a DOHC D16A9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:35 am 

My experience tells me the modification simply prevents checking if an auto tranny is present thus eliminating a code 19 CE light. I've also noticed that the lower rev limiter on the auto ECUs stays intact which leads me to believe the fuel and timing maps and associated trims are the same.