pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flex fuel sensor use
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:14 pm 

Can chrome, ectune, or Neptune accept the use of a flex fuel sensor to switch between a gas map and an E85 map? I have looked on Crome and Neptune's sites and crome says nothing about it and Neptune isn't clear. I see Neptune has additional inputs but can one use one of those for switching between tuned maps? Assuming that a flex fuel sensor is just an I or O device based on the amount of ethanol it senses in the fuel. Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Flex fuel sensor use
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 am 

I can't answer about Neptune, even if i use Neptune with a Demon on my P75 , but you should ask on the Neptune forum.

I know there's a "sensor adjustment" window that allow to correct the fuel , the ignition and the boost if you connect an input ( a flex fuel sensor for example).
If you cross it with the closed loop mode, you may correct the fuel percentage ideally, but i don't believe that you can switch between map by this way.

If you want to switch between maps, you must have a flex-fuel sensor with an "on-off" output i believe, not a graduated output ( o to 5 volts) and use the "switching map option" of Neptune.

About Crome or Ectune, i cannot talk for it because i didn't use them and didn't know how they work.

Hope this will help you :D