pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can connect but no data
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:17 pm 

Quite a few things but I'm sure some are unrelated. It's a p28 ecu with an f22b1 basemap.

First thing is a connection problem. I'm trying both bluetooth and usb connections. With the USB connection I am using tunerview on my phone. It says I'm connected but I get no data.

So I try freelog on my computer. You can see the screenshot. Theres no data, it will connect and a few of the data points will show up but not change. So I know its the correct port but I'm thinking something with the ECU? "Sanity check" said it failed and to check the communication or baud rate.

Edit: I tried adding datalogging to the bin in crome and then burning it but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:11 pm 

Remove J12 inside the ECU, then uncheck that box that says half-duplex method B

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm 

j12 is cut. I messed around with all those settings. Unchecking the box doesn't work either.

Loopback test is successful.

I also tried tunerview for android using an hc-06. Had trouble, contacted the developer and changed the baud rate as specified. It will connect but no data is shown.

So I'm wondering about the bin or the ecu. The car runs fine with no CEL. Datalogging has been enabled through crome.

Just to verify, RX is CN2 pin #2 and TX is #4?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:37 pm 

Do you change the usb / bluetooth hc-06 baudrate setup to 38400? it not only in freelog.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:01 am 

TX from your cord goes to RX pin 2 in ecu

RX from your cord goes to TX pin 4 in ecu

GND from your cord goes to GND pin 1 in ecu

5V PWR from your cord goes unused, this will cause funny results

You said it passes loop back, this checks your cord. Does it pass sanity check? This tests your connection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 am 

I will be so grateful if that was the problem. So RX out goes to TX in? And vis versa?

It fails the sanity check also and hc-06 baud rate is at 38000. I change the usb baud rate through device manager and also in the program settings if those are the only ways.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:28 pm 

Update:

I switched the rx and tx and was able to get readings in tunerview only when switching the protocol to qd2 honda/demon but they were off quite a bit. So I got some sort of data but nothing useful. I will attach my laptop when I get a chance and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:14 pm 

sjrobinson wrote:
Update:

I switched the rx and tx and was able to get readings in tunerview only when switching the protocol to qd2 honda/demon but they were off quite a bit. So I got some sort of data but nothing useful. I will attach my laptop when I get a chance and see what happens.

this is the reason i went with the dealer version to eliminate other connection problems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm 

You mean crome? whats the difference between the dealer and pro version of crome?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm 

If your using a regular crome base, it uses serial handler QD2. If your using a crome gold rom, it uses QD3. You need to select the proper serial protocol for the ram you use.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:59 am 

How did you get tunerview to work with your phone over usb or do you have a bt chip?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 pm 

Here is the driver I use with a screen shot of crome settings. I also attached chip set verification software and other related information for the Prolific chip. There is a newer driver, but I use this one without problems.

http://www.serialgear.com/PL2303_Prolif ... v1.9.0.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:55 am 

mrhondadude wrote:
Here is the driver I use with a screen shot of crome settings. I also attached chip set verification software and other related information for the Prolific chip. There is a newer driver, but I use this one without problems.

http://www.serialgear.com/PL2303_Prolif ... v1.9.0.zip

Awesome, thank you for the info. You're the man! :)

Update!!, Works as it should for a fraction of the actual price, I'll make a donation for this useful info.