pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:51 am 
Senior Developer

I use this one and it work perfect :
http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90_91&products_id=1385

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:12 am 

I used hc-06 just for test. And it working with freelog.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:50 am 

Linszter developped tunerview as well. The guy had me change the baud rate but that didn't work too well. I have the same datalogging cable, but the HC-06 only supports slave mode. I dont know if it much support master mode as well to work properly?

Someone on honda tech suggested I check the rom as the hardware seems to check out fine. I'm wondering if anyone here has an f22b1 basemap that they know works with datalogging so that I can burn that directly to the rom and verify whether or not that is the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:59 am 
Senior Developer

sjrobinson wrote:
Linszter developped tunerview as well. The guy had me change the baud rate but that didn't work too well. I have the same datalogging cable, but the HC-06 only supports slave mode. I dont know if it much support master mode as well to work properly?
For my part, the module which I gave the link, works perfectly with 'Datalog v1', 'Datalog v2' and 'Tunerviwe' from Peter Linszter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:03 am 

[quote="mrhondadude"]I use this cord, works great. Just use a prolific driver.

Details on the "prolific" driver? I just ordered an adapter to test. Does it NOT come with a driver?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:10 pm 

Wait, you guys mean the driver software? I should configure the ttl-usb cord to that driver rather than what windows automatically uses?

I'm getting a little confused since we're talking about both hc-06 used for tunerview on android and a ttl adapter for freelog on windows...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:07 am 

7rrivera7, polific makes the chip set found in almost all usb-ttl cords. For anyone using these cords, I have attached the driver and test software just so you don't have to search. This is all free to download, but will save you time.

sjrobinson, and anyone else using the blue-tooth method, You can find driver software for your chip set readily available on the internet, just search the chip manufacturer+driver. I used to have the drivers for these too, but since I went back to wired, I got rid of them.

I tried briefly to log on android, but gave up and stick to windows, so my information is windows based.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:25 pm 

Tried the driver. No dice.

So I'm leaning towards the rom.

I wanna try this just to rule out one thing. If anyone gets the time, could they throw the attached bin onto a rom and see if they can connect with it? Or vis versa... If you have a crome bin you know will work, I can throw it on my rom and see if it's not the software thats the problem.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3nQTmw ... kzdGc/edit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:17 pm 

If u using HC-06, first step is try arduino and hc-06 test first. Write some data from arduino and send it over to your laptop using 38400 baudrate setting. To monitor the data, simply use arduino serial monitor or teraterm. If this pass, and it should no problem with hc-06 connection.

As my laptop used, hc-06 do not need any driver but the laptop must have bluetooth hardware and driver that support RFCOMM. If not, it will never work. So when you pair the HC-06, it will display the RFCOMM devices and COMPORT or the bluetooth devices.

*My experience install wrong version Bluetooth driver for my laptop cause problem in serial bluetooth module. Connected but no data send or received. After uninstall the wrong version bluetooth driver using ULTIMATE UNINSTALLER (not control panel uninstaller) and install back the driver direct from ACER auto detect driver, then the HC-06 work fine.