pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:39 pm 

I know that this has been covered before. I found a old thread that pretty much died. I was tuning a car with my ostrich 1.0. when i burned the chip and put it into the ecu the car runs rich. plug in the tuning computer back in with the ostrich and it goes back to what i tuned the car too. I know there was some type of mod or fix for this but i cant seem to find it on the forum. Only thing that i could find is a old thread that has dead link to moates support site for some kinda fix for the ostrich. I emailed moates about it and they were pretty rude and did want to help me with it. Told me to just make the customer buy a demon! WTF! I guess when your tuning equipment is old even though you purchased it from the manufacturer new they dont want to help you.

this is the only information i could find on this subject:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6144

Any ideas would be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

I think it has to do with the emulator itself. I experienced the same thing. Maybe the latnecy of the chip is compared to the emulator is too far appart that it makes the ECU "wait" too long before doing somehintg ? Or maybe the reverse situation, having the emulator plugged in, slows down the ECU a bit...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm 

this problem is random on different ecus. I even tried plugging the emulator directly into the ecu i was having the problem with and with the final tune on it and it shows a different afr then what my tuning computer shows and even making adjustments to it using the said computer with the emulator plugged in and burning a chip. i contact moates about this problem. this is a problem with the ostrich/ emulators that has never been resolved based off of what they were telling me. But they are willing to try to do something to help resolve it. spending 2 or 3 more hours tuning a car is just not reasonable having to burn chip, check, reduce/ add fuel, erase, write, verify, check etc is not a good tune to me. the tune does not come out they way that i tuned it only a close variation.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:28 pm 

what i found out is there could be something related to the power supply in the ecu or the way the emulator draws power from the ecu. ill have the car back next week and will change out the capacitors and do a few things that craig suggest i try. hopefully this will resolve this problem for US tuners that have this problem sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:43 pm 

Dont save you bin file before you burn it to the chip. I had the same problem a while back, but I found if I just burned the chip without saving anytime during the building of the bin, or tuning, everything worked great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:45 pm 

ill try that. but thing about it is it doesnt do this all the time. just to different ecus.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm 

Different ecu's or different cars......

How much out are you talking here. like 0.2 AFR out or like 0.5-1 AFR.

I have personally never notice a HUGE issue with the cars I'm tuning. I am guessing the issue is only noticeable at idle and low pulse width....