pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:45 pm 

Hello,

last year I converted my EDM Civic EG8 from DPFI to MPFI using P1K ECU chipped with P30 basemap + D15B7 fuel/ign. Had some issues with O2 heater error (CEL41) - the map had O2 heater enabled, I didn't have access to EPROM burner anymore, no heated O2 sensor (only 1wire), no heater harness in car and even no O2 heater related components mounted on ECU PCB, so I decided to fake O2 heater signal to MCU - corresponding 82C55 expander input fed with inverted (4069 CMOS added) O2 heater output (see http://dj-bobr.net/imageshack/o2heaterfake.jpg ), works fine :)

Now I tried to convert ECU from nonVtec to VTEC - board was the most similar to 11F0 so I added IC14, Q101, C60, D11, shorted J10, verified presence of R201, double checked everything. Used chip with P30 basemap and D16Z6 fuel/ign, VTEC on. IC14 is SK5050 with mod described here, before mod I got CEL 21, now I have CEL 22.

CEL 22 even with A4 - D6 shorted. Tried to trace the signal way of VTEC pressure switch (my improvised schematics), tried to feed 82C55 pin 34 with GND, +5V, copy of VTEC solenoid signal, inverted copy of VTEC solenoid, .. no way, still CEL 22.

I don't have VTEC head yet, I just want to take advantage of two maps switchable the same way as VTEC; VTEC solenoid is replaced by resistor and LED indicator.

Any suggestions? Normally I would burn chip with VTP disabled, but my new EPROM burner is now on the way from China and I'll get it probably in half of January.
I suspected missing some components in VTP signal flow, but faking VTP signal on 82C55 expander failed so ..

Thanks in advance, dj-bobr /CZ/