pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm 

I have a P06 that I sent out to a reputable dealer to be chipped and converted to VTEC. I got it back and put it in my car. I had a dead miss on cylinder 4. Double checked all of my wiring and followed all of the proper diagnostic stuff. I didnt have injector pulse on 4. Decided to switch my ECU out to a spare P75 I had in my junk Integra and the miss went away. All-in-all, the dealer is going to redo another P06 for me free of charge so no issues there. But being an engineer by trade I like to mess with things so I opened the ECU and started poking around.

I'm 99% sure its the injector transistor. I traced pin A2 to QM2, which I guess is responsible for inj 3 and inj 4. Nothing looks burnt up on the transistor or anywhere else on the board for that matter. I have continuity between two pins on the transistor. Idk if this is good or bad. I checked QM1 and I don't have continuity between any of the pins.

How do I go about checking these to see if they're good or bad? I just picked up another P06 to ship out, and I'm showing continuity between two of the pins on QM2 on the new one too, but nothing on QM1. I could just throw a new transistor in the old one, but I also want to make sure this new one is good before I ship it out.

I found some stuff online about testing 3 leg transistors but nothing for a 10 leg.

Thanks. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:07 am 

What your P06 QM1 & QM2 component remark? if STA460C then refer the datasheet.
http://www.sanken-ele.co.jp/en/prod/sem ... a460ce.pdf

Checking theory same with 3 pin transistor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:27 am 

Thanks for the help. The number on my transistors is STA413A. I did find a datasheet for it. I'll see what I can figure out. I'm not the best with circuits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:51 pm 

Put Multimeter to buzzer or continuity or resistance range 100, tap positive probe to any pin 3,5,7,9 (Collector), tap black probe to 1 or 10(Emitter). If transistor ok, nothing will buzz or display any resistant value on multimeter. If there buzzer beeping or resistance value that mean the transistor point is short/close circuit.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 pm 

Thank alot. That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate the help. I'm going to go back through both of my P06s tonight and try this out.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 pm 
Sorry to bump and steal the thread op, does anyone know where to buy these transistors?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:18 pm 
Senior Developer

:arrow: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/STA413A/STA413A-ND/4289350

or for example :

:arrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STA413A-SANKEN-INTEGRATED-CIRCUIT-/200909354043?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2ec721743b