pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 pm 

I recently purchased Crome Pro for datalogging and live tuning to use with my Moates Demon.

Under settings I am successfully able to detect connection under Real Time Programming and Tuner Comm with my current settings. However when i select Live Tuning, i receive an error: Data Log Error: Connection Timed Out.

I have tried:
-Moates device reset
-Reset/Update Drivers
-Set latency/com ports
-Hardware Type and Serial Protocol Test both successful
-Crome Pro 1.6.5 and 1.6.8

I purchased both of these specifically for data logging and have read that apparently now they don't seem to communicate well with each other

I have read through various troubleshooting guides and multiple searches around google and pgmfi.org and found no resolution.

Any other ideas as to why I am having issues??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:05 am 
Senior Developer

Use Neptune Software for Demons with you Moates Demon.
:arrow: http://www.moates.net/neptune-software-for-demons-p-271.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:54 am 

dip wrote:
Use Neptune Software for Demons with you Moates Demon.
:arrow: http://www.moates.net/neptune-software-for-demons-p-271.html

I'm not sure if that was supposed to be helpful but...

-I've also tried normal and Gold Roms and no change noted. Still successful test of connection but Connection Time Out error persists.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:55 pm 

Update: got demon to datalog with version 1.5.5...still issues with 1.6.8.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 pm 

You forgot to add RTP and datalog to your rom. It happens.
Personally I would have just bought the ostrich 2.0 I find it more reliable, universal and compatible with Crome plus its cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 am 

swordofdoom wrote:
You forgot to add RTP and datalog to your rom. It happens.
Personally I would have just bought the ostrich 2.0 I find it more reliable, universal and compatible with Crome plus its cheaper.

Ive used premade crome pro roms and created my own and still have the same issue after adding RTP/datalog to the rom. The only thing i can't try is saving a crome gold rom to test this situation.

Ive emailed john but im guessing thats an email to nowhere. The only reason im not completely pissed is my lack of complete understanding and that im able to datalog using 1.5.5.

I purchased the demon because...being new to tuning...i assumed an all in one solution might be easier/more efficient. Also, after reading the advertising for the demon and crome pro and how they were designed to work well together after the last update..easy decision for me. After playing with both Neptune and Crome...i like the interface of crome a little more as well.

Again...still having same issue with 1.6.8

I appreciate everyones suggestions!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 am 
Senior Developer

Concerning demon :arrow: http://www.moates.net/demon-p-208.html :
:arrow:
"Crome: Emulation+data (beta)" = not finalized = no guarantee that everything works correctly.
"Neptune: Full emulation+data+onboard (release)" = Operational version = everything works correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 pm 

Your next step would be to set the Demon specifically to COM 1 under windows OS advance settings at the highest Baud Rate possible. I have tested out Crome data logging issues before and found that generally Crome defaults back to COM1 so whatever is assigned to COM1 under windows is being fed into the Crome program which is a bug that doesn't look like it wasn't fixed at all in 1.6.8 if you are having the issue.

The next step would be to ensure that IF the demon uses the 4 pin data logging port on the ECU. Verify that you have it properly connected and having the right pins go where they should. I am not familiar with the demon so I couldn't tell you much more. A screenshot on your setup and computer settings may help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 am 

dip wrote:
Concerning demon :arrow: http://www.moates.net/demon-p-208.html :
:arrow:
"Crome: Emulation+data (beta)" = not finalized = no guarantee that everything works correctly.
"Neptune: Full emulation+data+onboard (release)" = Operational version = everything works correctly.

Yeah I saw that as well..last update 11/2009...although tunewithcrome.com states otherwise on the home page with updates from July 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 am 

swordofdoom wrote:
Your next step would be to set the Demon specifically to COM 1 under windows OS advance settings at the highest Baud Rate possible. I have tested out Crome data logging issues before and found that generally Crome defaults back to COM1 so whatever is assigned to COM1 under windows is being fed into the Crome program which is a bug that doesn't look like it wasn't fixed at all in 1.6.8 if you are having the issue.

The next step would be to ensure that IF the demon uses the 4 pin data logging port on the ECU. Verify that you have it properly connected and having the right pins go where they should. I am not familiar with the demon so I couldn't tell you much more. A screenshot on your setup and computer settings may help.

I'll get those screenshots as soon as I get off work today. I set the computer to COM1 as well but I'll get the shots and hopefully someone will see an error! Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm 
Senior Developer

bcramer915 wrote:
Yeah I saw that as well..last update 11/2009...although tunewithcrome.com states otherwise on the home page with updates from July 2012.
Yes possible, some updates since 2009, but still many bug and problems :( ........... and no assistance from the author :evil: ..........

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:42 am 

I do have a datalogger cable that works with Crome but its only supported on windows 7 and below.
Holla at me if you need one im selling em for $25 shipped.