pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:07 pm 

Im going to be retrofitting a obd1 ecu as a standalone engine management system for q motorcycle engine that im converting from na carb to forced induction efi,i have the skills to tackle this task,my only question I have being new to honda is what is the max rpm that the ecu is capable of seeing and still control the motor,the motor is gonna see between 11 - 12k rpm,ps its gonna be controlling the fuel only,reason for build is board and cheap have all the parts to put the motor in an atv I have lying around and q spare t25 thats brand new so any info is appreciated thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 am 

If you use crome for instance, you can add map tables alowing the engine to run alittle over 11000 rpm. If you can write code, I am sure you can go higher but there hasent been a previous need to develop the program past 11k.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:21 am 

thank you, that's good to know, the motor's red line is 12500 but i could limit it to 11000, i myself am not good with computers to the point of writing code, but i have a friend who is a computer engineer so i can probably out source the code writing to him, thanks for the reply i now have what i need to know much appreciated, if by happen stance i get a new code written up i'll be sure to post it up here so everyone in the pgmfi community can benefit from it

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:58 am 

May I ask how you are gathering the ckp, tdc, and cmp sensor signals to run the ecu? Pics are always interesting also, keep in touch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:01 am 

Well being its an obd1 ecu it only reads the cam position signal and uses that to determine evey thing out im in the middle of stripping a d series ecu for the cam position sensor and i will have a custom reluctor wheel made to use on the engines cam gear its actually quite simple to do,sorry dont have any pics at this time still in the planning stage at the moment when i have more ill post some pics up here thanks for the interest in my project

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 am 

I meant d series distributor lol need sleep im up l8t damb insomnia,and also project is on hold as i no longer have the old atv frame, so the motor may be going into a tube frame sand rail havent decided yet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:06 am 

I dont know how much room you have under your valve cover, but you may be able to pull the reluctor strait from the dizzy, use a longer cam bolt and bolt the reluctor strait to the cam sprocket unmodified.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 am 

mrhondadude wrote:
I dont know how much room you have under your valve cover, but you may be able to pull the reluctor strait from the dizzy, use a longer cam bolt and bolt the reluctor strait to the cam sprocket unmodified.

I like the way you think, I was actually thinking the same thing just not sure what kind of room i have as the cam gears are smack dab in the middle of the cams like most sport bike motors but it may just work, if it does i will post pics, you kbow what they say great minds think alike lol