pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm 

Hi All,

I have a P27 ECU for my Honda Civic EG and im having problems recently. So far everything is normal when i stick my key in. CEL turns off before starting and the normal dashboard lights switches off. Everything normal. Problem starts when I start the ignition.. Bam, it kicks then dies. No lights in the dash. Its like my keys are out.

So far the only solution for me is to keep revving up to around 400rpm when it starts so that the RPM will not drop and die.. I dont know if its an electrical problem or if for some reason, gas is not being able to reach the engine properly..

For now, our mechanic has ruled out that the fuel pump was messed up.

I've recently replaced the fuel pump relay, like a month ago. The fuel pump was replaced like 6 months ago.. The spark plug seals has been recently replaced.. like 2 weeks ago (since I had problems that my spark plugs were drowning in oil) .. Any other thing I should check? My mechanic is blaming it on the ECU.. just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 am 

pogz wrote:
Hi All,

I have a P27 ECU for my Honda Civic EG and im having problems recently. So far everything is normal when i stick my key in. CEL turns off before starting and the normal dashboard lights switches off. Everything normal. Problem starts when I start the ignition.. Bam, it kicks then dies. No lights in the dash. Its like my keys are out.

So far the only solution for me is to keep revving up to around 400rpm when it starts so that the RPM will not drop and die.. I dont know if its an electrical problem or if for some reason, gas is not being able to reach the engine properly..

For now, our mechanic has ruled out that the fuel pump was messed up.

I've recently replaced the fuel pump relay, like a month ago. The fuel pump was replaced like 6 months ago.. The spark plug seals has been recently replaced.. like 2 weeks ago (since I had problems that my spark plugs were drowning in oil) .. Any other thing I should check? My mechanic is blaming it on the ECU.. just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Hv a look inside the ecu!
U see any caps leak or burn marks?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm 

hi e-tech, yes thats a part of my plan. but in a span of like one year i've replaced some capacitors.. anyway i will check for now.. any other leads would be great..

ill also try to get a hold of another P27 local ECU to isolate if the problem is in the ECU or somewhere else.