pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm 

Even with 1uF caps I still have a problem generating the x24 signal at idle and above: everything works OK at 300rpm but at 1200 and higher my VR TTL output skips half or 75% of the signals I am trying to produce. I have some oscilloscope pics with different inline caps/resistors @ http://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=258&start=170#p10553

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 pm 

Hmmm, all I know is even my moates tester the injector pulses go out of sync around 2000-2300 and again at 6500.
I get a code 9 easily from cycling through RPM at 2000-2300 everytime, on any ecu (JDM, USDM), on multiple testers on multiple different power adapters.

It's the Sim ;)

Quote:
On sim no codes and hits vtec just fine. In the car it's solid CEL and no code, just like failed ecu?
Wondering if it's something failing in fuel pump circuit. Fuel pump turns on and off just like normal. In the car the CEL stays on. On the SIM CEL is off

I have yet another P08 that passes on the moates sim perfectly but fails on the car (solid cel but no code just solid)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:36 pm 

Quote:
I have yet another P08 that passes on the moates sim perfectly but fails on the car (solid cel but no code just solid)

Found out why two P08's I have pass on the sim but fail in my car.....
I have a 4 wire heated 02 sensor. Voltage on pin A6 heater wire is causing Solid CEL on these two P08 I have.
Unplug 02 sensor, CEL gone.

I have a further 6 P08 of same revision that pass in my car fine.
Also those two that have the issue WERE working fine in other cars with 4 02 sensors. But then failed one day

Now to find the failed part.....
HOWEVER - Just shows that potentially voltage on A6 on the Sim would be a more complete test for ecu's...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:12 pm 

Anyone have any luck simulating the IACV in a way that keeps the ecu happy? I'm revisiting my sim, trying to finally finish the Eagle schematic and just realized I never got the IACV to work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 am 

I'm having an odd problem with my sim that I just can't track down.

For reference, I started off with A24 (PG2) and A26 (Logic Gorund) connected to the ground plane.

Originally I had the ICM signal running through an led and 3.3k resistor and then to ground to keep it right around 4mA. Everything else on the sim worked correctly and it ran but it would throw a code 15 (ICM signal) and shut down after a few seconds.

Through some experimentation, I ended up removing A24 from the ground plane. I also removed disconnected ground side of the ISM circuit and ran it, in its own isolated loop, directly to A23 (PG1). If I do the same but use A24 to the ICM, code 15 again.

The sim will run all day in this state but it is getting ground through the VTS circuit and that led stays on all the time, only changing brightness with switching on and off... sim shuts off if I pull that ground too. The rest of the leds are also dimmer in this configuration. More importantly, I have to flip the led around on the ICM circuit in this state, indicating that it is actually lower than ground and is back feeding... not sure what is going on there, but once again the odd thing is that it will run all day without a hiccup in this config.

I've checked and rechecked my circuits and pins and this is the only bogey that's keeping me from getting a few boards printed. Would anyone care to shed some light on how they have their ICM set up?

Looking at the Moates sim, it appears to be a 1k or 10k resistor (hard to tell if that third ring is red or orange) to either a ground plane or directly to logic ground.. but none of those configurations keep mine happy. I'm stumped.

EDIT: There's definitely about 3.7V from A23/24 to A26. So I've got some digging to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:57 pm 

Anyone have moates engine sim test.bin can share?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 pm 

majdi wrote:
Anyone have moates engine sim test.bin can share?

This will do it

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:29 pm 

Thank you shiftyjonno.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:32 am 

There are no available Engine sims at moates. Is anyone selling theirs by any change? Or may be any of you to have or can download the code from the existing simulator, so I can make one for myself?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 am 

felix wrote:
There are no available Engine sims at moates. Is anyone selling theirs by any change? Or may be any of you to have or can download the code from the existing simulator, so I can make one for myself?

I have a spare one but ECT or IAT not working. Maybe just need to change the potenciometer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:58 pm 

Linszter wrote:
felix wrote:

I have a spare one but ECT or IAT not working. Maybe just need to change the potenciometer.

How much do you want for it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:39 am 

felix wrote:
How much do you want for it?

I don't know. Where do i need to ship?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:33 am 

Anyone can post the engine sim picture here? upper image?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 pm 

I need to finish mine lol... Got it 100% functional but never finished laying out boards and getting printed. I'd like to get the iacv working on it too, that's the #1 thing that's holding me back.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:41 am 

Finally got myself to stop trying to add features and just ordered some boards.

Attachment:
image.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next