pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:57 pm 

dip wrote:
swordofdoom wrote:
It would be nice if Moates actually released the source code for their simulator.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

They probably do not give the source of their product, as it is quite normal to protect his work.

Instead of trying to copy foolishly :arrow: try to do better yourself. 8) :wink:

Why re-invent the wheel when you can simply make it better?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:35 pm 

Quote:
Why re-invent the wheel when you can simply make it better?

I hear you, BUT it's still giving away all the code so you can make your own and sell copies without putting in much hard work at all.
Even if yours is better you prob didn't have to work as hard to get there.

Up to the creator to make it open or not. Better yet the creator needs to read my posts and test, find there IS INDEED issues and update the unit (provide firmware or a way to patch to newer firmware for us)

Code 9 IS a simulator issue. Unless someone can explain to me otherwise, these ecu's are not at fault. It's the unit causing the code 9. NO it is not setting the knobs to the wrong parameters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 am 

If your getting code 9 you may have a broken wire to the plug issue. I had this problem too with the simulator and after tracing the dizzy wires one of them actually broke off where they crimped it at the pin to the ecu. I went and solder it back together and cut off the latching tabs on the plugs so that you can easily pull them out of the ECU instead of fighting it all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 pm 

Trust me it's a trigger timing issue inside the code.

Test for your self. Have all the knobs at correct settings. Slowly increase the RPM through the 1800-3000 range and look at what the injector lights do. A few pulses of the injectors are missed through that RPM range.
Again around 6000rpm.

I can do this on multiple engine sims and ecu's. Nothing to do with code, ecu, broken wires or anything,

It's just something I am pointing out. I know how to avoid the code 9, but I know it's a RPM range trigger coding issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:28 pm 

Also I have a P08 JDM ecu here that passes on the SIM, but solid CEL in the car.
NO code.

NO code on the sim. Tried debug mode and everything.
Something the sim isn't testing that the car is to get a solid CEL with no code???

On sim no codes and hits vtec just fine. In the car it's solid CEL and no code, just like failed ecu?
Wondering if it's something failing in fuel pump circuit. Fuel pump turns on and off just like normal. In the car the CEL stays on. On the SIM CEL is off

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:26 pm 

i had a p08 pass all test on the sim and yet I put it in the car and I had a solid cel also and I get code 9 constantly at least 8 outta ten ecus and the code 9 seems to happen more when its cold in my shop and my simulator& ecu is cold some times in the cold it will barely light all the injectors up and they are very dim. then I have to unplug it and plug it back in a couple times.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 pm 

Quote:
i had a p08 pass all test on the sim and yet I put it in the car and I had a solid cel also

yeh there has to be a part that can fail in the ecu to give solid CEL no code.
But the SIM doesn't test that part and passes just fine.

Regarding the code 9's I can get on other SIM's also, not temp related or broken wire related.

Your codes and dim injectors sound like your SIM has an issue, especially if temp related?

Anyone have any ideas on my P08 solid CEL but passing on the SIM?
Fuel pump circuit perhaps? (Fuel relay click on and off just fine I believe)

Kinda useless if ecu's pass on the SIM but fail in cars. Not really testing them properly then :?

Close SIM but no cigar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am 

Some time, people convert auto to manual ecu just remove sk5050/sk5151 but not remove rp17 and jump jumper to rp18 for jdm type. This will pass on SIM but static check light on car. Just double check the ecu. If the ecu auto and convert to used in manual engine, check the resistor conversion first.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:06 pm 

Good thinking, will check that soon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am 

FWIW I'm also fighting code 9 on my sim. I'm also getting an ICM code, I haven't quite figured out what to do to that circuit to make it happy. It seems that the code 9 only pops up at low rpms, but I only get a few seconds of running before the ICM code shuts the party down and I haven't really gotten to nail it down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:02 pm 

Quote:
Some time, people convert auto to manual ecu just remove sk5050/sk5151 but not remove rp17 and jump jumper to rp18 for jdm type. This will pass on SIM but static check light on car. Just double check the ecu. If the ecu auto and convert to used in manual engine, check the resistor conversion first.

Ok it is a factory manual ECU and everything looks happy inside the ecu.
Pass on SIM
Solid CEL in car, no codes!

Regarding the code 9. As I have been saying it's around 2000-2800 rpm slowly moving through you can get the code. Watch the injector pulses.
Datalog in your favourite software to see whats really going on ;)

ICM issues, hmm haven't had that? What software you running? You sure you haven't got a low cam rev limit or something silly like that?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:27 pm 

I got it, finally.

I was using the power ground at A24 instead of A23 and the ECU did not agree for whatever reason. After talking to a friend whose working on another project, I changed to a 3.3kohm resistor (for 3mA @ 10V) and ran the icm wire through it and back to A23 on its own isolated circuit. Left it running on the bench for about two hours without a hiccup. So I'm counting that one as solved.

Out of time for this week, maybe I'll get to mess with it a little next weekend...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 pm 

So the sim is working in its prototype phase. Once I was able to keep it running it just took a little bit of playing with the phasing to get rid of the code 9. I'm trying to get the vss code to work on the same processor as the distributor code, but it's fighting me a little. I started drawing it all up in Eagle but I'm not going to finish that until I know if I'm going to need to run two separate micro controllers or not.

I might be getting a little greedy with all of the inputs and outputs, but it's actually fun again now that it's running :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 am 
Senior Developer

spAdam wrote:
if I'm going to need to run two separate micro controllers or not.
To my complete simulator I use only one Adrduino Nano v3.0 (Atmel Mega328P).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 pm 

I can probably do it with one or the other on Timer2, just haven't had a ton of time to buckle down on it. There's a couple of ways I could tackle it, but I'm thinking the distributor sim can run on the 8 bit timer with just a change of prescaler. The VSS sim needs to be on the 16 bit (as-is, at least) to allow it to get down to the 1Hz I'm looking for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next