pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:58 am 
as some of you know, i have a JDM Delsol SiR. it's managed to get onto safe mode.

it's got to the stage now where i'm looking for any ECU that will run it with no problems while i try and get my original one repaired.

i did have an ECU i was using, but due to unforeseen circumstances, i'm now back to square one and only have my current (original) ECU which is still on safe mode.

i would need a TCS ECU for my revs and TCS to work, but right now i just need a car that's not on safe mode, so could use a JDM SiR ECU or even a UK VTi ECU.

if anyone has something, please let me know!

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:29 am 
Just use a P30 from a UK VTi, TCS wont work but you will have a working ecu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 pm 

No knock board on a EDM ecu!

I have a sir2 with tcs and have been looking for a spare tcs spec ecu for quite a long time now with no luck.

I also have a friend in Japan that has been searching for me, to no avail!

Has your ecu been chipped? Why was it in limp mode?

If you have a look around here there is a rom that is supposedly taken from a P30 JDM ecu with tcs. I have looked at this myself but not had a chance to test it out yet, and when opened in crome, it is labelled as a p28 rom. Not sure if this would be of any use to you

If I hear of anything in the mean time I will let you know.

Out of interest, could you pm with the serial numbers and possibly take some pics of the pcbs(top and bottom). I would like to compare it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:44 pm 

I think your refering to the bin I posted and how wierd is that? At last I find someone with the same car and your also in Scotland. Yes the Ecu says P30 and yes the bin reads as a P28. If I use a uk ecu I get no rev counter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:45 pm 

I think your refering to the bin I posted and how wierd is that? At last I find someone with the same car and your also in Scotland. Yes the Ecu says P30 and yes the bin reads as a P28. If I use a uk ecu I get no rev counter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:20 am 

:D

Hey Guru

So you have a sir2 with tcs as well 8)

Fancy selling me your JDM P30 :?: :lol:

Do you have the workshop manual or wiring diagrams, it seems to be a problem for HUK to obtain them for me.

I have been trying to suss this out for a while now. I originaly fitted a honda$$ s200 and got a constant TCS cel. Had to cut j1 to get my car through the MOT, it then failed on the emissions due to the cams etc :x
Went with Crome cause I wasnt willing to pay the costs of the Honda$$ rom editor software in the UK. All in all, pretty honked off with the whole Honda$$ experience. Good product, but far too expensive in the UK.
Still got a TCS cel though, its driving me insane!
Wont let it get the better of me though :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:56 pm 

Sorry dude no manuals either, but on a happier note I have no CEL lights. You must use the base map from your car. The one is I posted is the only one that I can get the rev counter and the TCS to work. My ecu had been "chipped" by honda. ie. the space for the rom was already occupied. I desoldered it and read the contents to get my base map. I'd be happy to help more if I can. Where in Scotland dae ye bide?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:59 pm 

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:33 am 

St Andrews! :D , Whure aboots are you?

I have no rev counter and tcs cel when I use your bin, strange :x

I have a p30-932, with the 66207-311 mcu with no factory fitted external rom.
I have read up about reading the mcu, but to date have not hacked the board to obtain it.
I cut j1 to check it wasnt something I did when soldering etc, but the car acts as normal when this is done.
Im gonna post in the rom section to see if anybody else has bins from a car with tcs before I go ahead and hack my ecu.
There is no rom dump for the 311 code, so maybe hacking is the only option, if you had to use your original rom to get yours to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:59 pm 

Uh other end of the country, Dumfries! Something very wierd here because we have identical numbers on the outside of our ECU's. I've attached again my standard rom dump, just in case, because if I use the wrong base map I too get no rev counter or TCS. Did you socket yours yourself? No offence, but are you sure you've done it right? And while I'm at it, have you burned chips successfully before? Just trying to eliminate possibilites!! :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:45 am 

Thanks for the rom, I will try it asap and see if it makes any difference.

Yeah, I socketed mine myself, I thought the same, and triple checked all my soldering joints, and then tested all tracks and pins by following Mark Olsons method for tracing and continuity. I even soldered caps into C49,50,91&92. This is the only ecu I have had any problems with to date!, I have chipped seven so far for family and friends and never had one issue with them.

I am using my ostrich just now, and have a burn1 for the final chip burn, my ostrich is pemanently connected to my ecu till I get this issue sorted and get some dyno time to map my ignition values. Both work flawlesley. Gonna take my dog for a walk and then try your attached bin to see what happens.
Do you have J4 disconnected for full duplex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:36 pm 

Not got round to datalogging yet. On the to-do-list, unfortuntely so is a long list of other less interesting stuff like tiling the kitchen!! :( I hope that base map works, seems like you've tried most, here wait a mo, have you still got the orginal speedo/cluster? There is a piece of circuitboard on the back which is needed for the TCS. The guy who owned the car before me had negleted to notice when he changed it to a mph unit. What level of tune is your car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:24 pm 

Yeah, know what you mean, time is precious! Luckily my kitchen was freshly fitted when I moved in.
My car has the original cluster fitted with the convertor spliced in at the gearbox, tried your bin again to no avail.
Also tried reading my 66207. And no luck with that either :x
All in all its been a pretty shitty week. :cry: Ive got my mot the middle of next week and was trying to resolve my issues by then.
I will keep at it till it is sorted though.
As for my setup, i got the block bored and decked with a new set of pct pistons, .25 over, crank was polished with a fresh set of bearings, with thre rotating assembly balanced, head has been skimmed, P+P, 3 angle cut on the seats with itr inlet valves, s2s2cams with springs and retainers. S2 inlet and a full fujitsubo system.
I have another couple of little projects in the pipeline.
Building a set of itb's, which are about done, and I have a complete b18c4 which is gonna get boosted. Still slowly gathering all the peices for the conversion just now. Hopefuly I will get it built for next summer. I plan on putting down some stupid quick times at Crail. Show the cossies, scoobys and evos what its all about :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 am 
Ive got a JDM P30 here from a SiR2 with TCS im not using.

BTW did any of these come as auto's? Cos its got auto written on the case in pen :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:45 am 

:o

Not sure if they did Jonny.
I have had no end of trouble trying to find out anything concerning tcs. HUK have a fuck you attitude when it comes to helping with imports.....
What board do you have fitted to yours?