pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Point of clarification
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:27 am 
Ok guys, I am sorry I upset so many people over the weekend. I had no idea it would cause this much trouble.

Anyways, there is no big conspiracy or anything going on. Rest assured that the secret stone cutters society is still in control of the country, Elvis is sipping mai tai's in Mexico, and there was in fact a second shooter.

It is simply time for me to hang up the old gunbelt. I've been under a ton of stress lately with work, I fucking hate Microsoft's bug ridden OS right now because it has caused me many late nights (MS_Blaster variants) of missed drinking opportunities, etc, etc. Life has been very busy/stressful/shitty lately to sum it up.

I finally had a meltdown on Friday that co-insided with another OBD0 editor being released. It is a very nice editor, and I admire the work Jason has put into it. We have talked quite frequently over the last year or so, and exchanged many ideas. I hope I've inspired him to pick up where I left off. No bad blood. There was a comment made about better features in this new program than GhD insinuating a competition (that's the way I took it anyways) that was probably a harmless remark but was the straw that broke this camels back. <insert meltdown here> It was like I looked into the future. Lots of things have been leading up to this. No harm no foul.

Not a lot of people care about rom development these days, or mainly stick to themselves, or a small group of people off-net. I don't have the time nor the motivation to create a better editor. The goal is to create a better rom FOR the editor. To make a long story less long, but not quite short, I have decided to take a break. There are plenty of resources right here to accomplish everything you wish to accomplish. GhD is simply a GUI editor. Nothing magical. The magic will come from a better rom.

I am considering putting the website back on as a resource, and GhD 2.3 is still available here to download. There are simply no current plans to continue it's work.

I love you guys (and hopefully a gal or two lurking about), and truly appreciate the support GhD has had since it's humble entrance with v1.3 which was an atrocity! Many many thanks to George, the man the myth, the legend, and Dave, and Chris, and Joseph, Nick, and many others.

Everything the current rom does will load into GhD 2.3 The point is I will not be actively trying to make it better. I need a break. If you really wish to talk about this more you have my e-mail address.

Step 1: Steal underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

Mike

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:52 am 
mike we appreciate everything you've done. without you, i probably wouldnt have the chance to go visit honda r&d (hopefully in the coming weeks) prepared with a bunch of questions for the engineers. (btw, if things go well id like to take requests from everyone.)

a break would be good for you, you deserve it. i just hope maybe as things progress you might stop by someday and share more of your talent. remember, all this hoopla is a bunch of bs and without ghd, te would have never come to be. i know jason is proud to accept the torch. good luck!

btw, "Not a lot of people care about rom development these days, or mainly stick to themselves, or a small group of people off-net."
you are sorely wrong on that one! i know you know there are a ton of lurkers around here, and for the most part, frankly, the knowledge you guys display intimidates the hell out of us! just look at homemadeturbo, theres a lot of response there, along with my homestead- g2ic. add those countless lurkers and you got a whole legion of followers.
whats the latest page hit # on ghd.com? i bet its being flooded.. welp, i hope that cheered you up somewhat =D

[%sig%]

Post Edited (09-22-03 02:11)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:34 am 
I'm a lurker :| I may not know the whole history behind it, but you seem to be the one that got the ball rolling Mike. I think you should still stick around the boards! Anyways, thanks a ton for all of your effort! I decided to do another turbo set up because of your software and this boards involvement! -sean

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]