pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:50 am 
Are they fixed now or is it all still the same?
ill have to test it out sunday or monday...
car has a little leak...

just want a heads up from any of you who have tested it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:57 am 
Nope. The major changes are fuel multiplier editing for LS tunes, ZC tunes, etc, and fuel re-curve for bigger injectors because there were so many requests for a NA bin that could run 450cc injectors...don't ask me why.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:58 am 
well um whats the multiplier setting for a dohc zc?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:28 am 
I'm wondering if this hic-up is the same thing hond@t@ explains here:

A common problem is too little ignition advance at part throttle, especially at about 10" vacuum and 1000 - 3000 rpm. This will cause difficulty tuning the fuel tables, as the engine becomes very sensitive to small changes in fuelling if there is not enough ignition advance. Driving the car we could feel a lot of surging under light throttle, so ignition was advanced at part throttle.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:16 am 
Senior Developer

you may have hit on something there... I bet the closed loop routines are manipulating timing in sch a way as to cause issues. Thanks for the idea.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:54 am 
The one problem with the idea of not enough ignition timing is the fact that I have run both the maphack program and a normally aspirated program with simillar timing maps. THe only difference is that in the normally aspirated version, the vafc is scaling fueling. The ignition timing is similliar over the whole map but I only have problems when using the map hack. It definatley feels like an ignition glitch, not so much a fueling glitch IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:39 pm 
Well i since everyone said it was an ignition glitch i came and tried out turboedit ive seen posted around on home made turbo and while seeing it has an ignition retard function i figured why retard the map thats already at 1 degree retard... so i took my stock honda pm6 rom and took the ignition map out of it.. i opened it in the turbo edit program and exported the maps.. i opened the boost bin and imported the stock pm6 ignition map and then did a .60 degree retard to it... saved it.. burned it..
made sure my cars timing was set to stock and nice.....

well i still have Glitches but they are far less... only around 10 in vaccume and its not like hitting a speed bump anymore
jsut something small and the car runs sooooooooooo much better in the top end... i recommend anyone to use turbo edit and try this out if they have a sohc... ive been using ghettodyne for a long time and it works beutifull but when i combine both programs i have better results...

and for free cant beat it..
keep up the work guys..
im lovin this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:31 pm 
Sweet! I can't wait to get my burner working and everything installed. I'll have to try out your tune!

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:36 pm 
I tested your tune last night, and I must say that it works quite well! It seemed to smooth out the idle nicely in addition to cleaning up the ignition glitches.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:01 pm 
What's your set up Rory/asm?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:16 pm 
My setup is:

D16A6 with head milled 0.009 and a D16Z6 head gasket
Greddy turbo kit (TD04H) @ 7 psi
HKS (supposedly) intercooler
Greddy Type-S BOV
Test pipe
HKS Sport exhaust
450cc injectors

I'm going to put my cat back on very soon. The test pipe didn't make *that* much difference except to make the car smell like crap and be somewhat louder.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]