pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: My cheap GHD civic!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:52 pm 
First off I would like to thank everyone involved in the creation and testing of Ghettodyne this program works dam near perfect. GOOD JOB TO ALL!!!!

My super cheap junkyard car…….

89 STD model civic hatch shell no interior or drive train = trade for 15 inch speaker
91(parts car) DX model civic hatch totaled with D15 and D16 in passenger area with good interior = $300
2 PM6’s and 2 PR4’s = $100
IHI turbo = trade for NOS line so aprox $40
STD exhaust manifold = $20
Intercoler charge lines and BOV from a Volvo = $80
Chip burner and chips $150
Built chip eraser = $30
Zex NOS kit = $300
Home Depot misc. parts $100
Auto Zone misc. parts $100
Body kit = $500
Free paint job from friends body shop
Total = $1720 and 15 inch sub

The setup….

It took me about six months to gather parts and put this car together. For now I have the d15 in the car with MPFI and the custom turbo setup NOS is hooked up but need to fill my bottle. I am using the GHD 450 boost.bin and it works great!!!! Little bit of sputter if I try to cruse @ 0 PSI but I have read that this is normal due to the low rez. I am running 11 PSI with down pipe only and 9 PSI with stock DX exhaust (just to make it quiet for now) I have put about 500 mi. on it and it is still running strong. My next motor will be the D16 block I have with a ported and polished VTEC head RPM SW and extra fuel written into the GHD .bin. I have not taken it to the track yet but I can take my friend’s 91 hatch with ZC by about 5 cars in a quarter and stuck with a brand new WRX with down and up pipe boost controller and race BOV no problem.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE HARD WORK ON GHD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the rewrite of GHD gets to the testing stages I am more than willing to help test .bin files like I said I have a spare motor and D15-16”s are super cheap. My theory is test, tune, test, tune, BANG! Put a stronger motor in and do it again. Feel free to mail me if interested in having me test some shit KEVINMOATS@MSN.COM

Once again mad props for all involved in the GHD project cant wait for the next version.

[%sig%]

Post subject: Re: My cheap GHD civic!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:40 pm 
=)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:06 pm 
Senior Developer

awww......

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:26 pm 
I just started to get a 1 code (oxygen content). I hocked my DMM up to an extra O2 sensor and I run about .3-.5v at idle and while cruzing and .7-.8v during full accell. Does this mean I am running rich? Does the 1 code mean rich or lean or maby one or the other? Thanks for any help. Oh ya CEL goes off after I turn the car off then on but code still flashes and CEL comes back on about 25mi later. I am using the GHD boost.bin that came with GHD and a 1.5 with stock head so i am more than likley rich just want someone to confirm this.

[%sig%]

Post Edited (08-26-03 16:35)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:41 pm 
does the o2sensor bounce around while you're cruising on highway? (like 0.4v to 0.7v)

0.7-0.8v under WOT sounds a little bit lean, you should run more like 0.90-0.92v to be safe (I run ~0.94-0.96v now, trying to tune it @ 0.92v)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:07 pm 
I will do some more testing tommarow I am at work now and need to go to school tonight

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:02 pm 
Ya I was way too lean my adjustable fule pres reg was set way to low!!
Thanx warfield

I am haveing a problem with ECU control this is a cross post from ECU control......

OK got a nokia 6210 data cable, PR4 CN3= pin 1 to 6210 black, pin 2 to 6210 blue, pin 4 to 6210 white.

I have no IRQ or IO conflicts setup on com 1 when i try to use ECU control OBD0 2.1 or 2.2 it will connect ok but when I click "start dataloging" my CEL and the red led in the ECU both come on and my car starts to idle very shitty and still no information on ECU control. I am using GHDBoost_450v1.bin.

If anyone has had this problem plese give me some input Thanx

Synoptic (---.51-131-66.nowhere.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: 09-08-03 09:41

Hmm, you should ask Xtensive about your problem. Maybe the 450cc rom you are using is not good. Because this has nothing to do with EucControl. Your ECU goes into limp mode after you send some data to it.

[%sig%]

Post Edited (09-08-03 14:03)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]