pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: pr4 tune anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:15 am 
Hi everyone! My current setup is crx with obd0 b18a, greddy sohc kit, fmu:(. I have been reading up on my options for fuel management and it either looks like obd1 conversion with $hondata$, keep my ecu and get $$Zdyne$$, or buy a 100$ chip burner and chip my ecu with Gdyne. I have allmost made up my mind and bought a eprom burner but gdyne comes with the boost tune for the d16 but im pretty sure this will not run properly on a b18 because I looked at the base maps for both engines and they were considerably different. I am ignorant and/or don't have the confidence to modify the tables and was wondering if there is a pr4 boost tune anywhere that has the scaled map because I have some 450s waiting to be installed. I can't be the only person with a ls turbo crx wanting to run Gdyne. Any help would be great, thanks.

Post subject: Re: pr4 tune anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:16 am 
also obd0 turbo user useing pr3 ecu to tuning ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:06 am 
Some one here has to have a b18 tune... if not can I get some help on how to go about making one. Any help would be great, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:33 pm 
Well, first off, if you're using an FMU, you're probably running on stock injectors. This would lead to a leaning condition if you were to use the D16 MAP. This is, obviously, because you wouldn't be flowing as much fuel.

What I would suggest for your current setup would be the GhettoDyne N/A ROM with PR4 fuel and ignition maps. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the injectors are the same size, just pulsed longer (by the looks of the maps).

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:52 pm 
I have 450cc injectors waiting to be installed, along with scraping the fmu and check valves. What I need is a b18a tune for my pr4 ecu with fuel maps for boost, ignition retard per psi, and the scaled map for the larger 450cc injectors. I don't know if i wasn't clear in my first post, but this is what im looking for and im sure someone can help me out. Thanks in advance. -nevin

[%sig%]

Post Edited (07-16-03 18:54)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:40 pm 
I'm currently tuning an OBD0 B18a running a greddy sohc kit intercooled in a teg g2
It seems to be about the same as your setup!

e-mail me we'll talk!
I don't have my tune with me currently 'cuz I'm @ work ...
warfield@logik.ca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:19 pm 
yay! I knew there had to be someone. I will email you but I would prefer to talk on aim if you have it. My screenname is n3vin, im usually on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:37 pm 
Yea stock b18a i/h/e soon to be 402 or 403's for cams maybe 404's doubt it though looking for some help with some baseline stuffs. hehe.

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]