pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:41 pm 
Does anybody know why the ghettodyne boost program has the blips in it? Are their going to be any attempts to correct it in one way or another in the future? I ask this because today we tried it in my friend’s turbocharged CRX. It works beautifully but the blips in vacuum are intolerable for him during highway driving and maneuvering. We are forced to run a n/a chip with the V-AFC hack and interpolate boost timing maps into it. Everything else works great though. Its so easy to use and works everytime i've used it so far.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:44 pm 
Anyone using that code will have to deal with it for now, but it will be fixed soon, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:23 pm 
Yeah, a while ago I asked Mike how it was going, and he told me his boost version was having problems coming down off of boost, if I heard him right. He said he had an inferior version ready to go, based on the MAP scaling concept, but he hadn't released it because the rez was low. I said, Heck, half the stock NA table is duplicates of one kind or another, and he said Yeah you're right, good point, and went ahead and released 2.2.1. And sure enough, the rez hasn't turned out to be a problem, it's this vacuum based ignition glitch.

That means the good news is, he has a high rez boost version in progress, and when he gets the kinks worked out of that, not only will the ignition glitch go away, the rez will improve.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:16 pm 
Man thats good to hear. Ghettodyne NA works superb. Right now we are using the V-AFC to do the scaling and just plugging in the boosted timing maps. The idle is raised to 1000rpm's and the launch control is set to 3500rpm's. It works so awsome. O2's are .94's which corresponed to a 11.5:1 a/f ratio on the dyno's wideband where the car made 206whp on 6psi. This next version of ghettodyne, will it have provisions for a 2 or 3 bar map sensor? I can't believe how well this program works. The car runs so seemless, it actually runs smoother than my factory turbo 1g eclipse!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]