pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:53 pm 
In one of his posts, Mike says he used the stock injector figures in the boost/450 bin, but not to try to alter them, because they get scaled.

Could someone tell me what this means exactly. Are the actual fuel settings scaled back by 5/8, the same way the MAP signal is scaled back??

I wonder how the heck this helps us recurve for 450's? To recurve for 450's, we have to multiply the settings by 24/45ths, or 8/15th's, and add a little more to account for the slower 450 response time. So yeah, it comes out to about 5/8ths. Good enough.

But if the MAP signal is scaled by a command in the program, why are the pressure columns identified by different numbers, numbers that are nice and round? 26 in. Hg scaled back by 5/8 doesn't yield anything so clean and round as an integer.

Also, if the fuel settings are automatically scaled by 5/8, that sounds like you have to use 450's, just to get the same amount of fuel, and how does that help support boost?

I need to know how this works, because I already have put the 450's in and started to test a carefully recurved fuel tune based on the MAP values in the columns.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:01 pm 
http://www.pgmfi.org/phorum/read.php?f=18&i=113&t=113

Q. How does the boost portion of ghettodyne 2.2.1 work?
A. This release includes the "GeorgeHack" or digital MAP-hack bin. This bin preserves the stock 17x15 table size present in the stock ECU but changes the range of the stock table by digital scaling the MAP signal by 5/8, so you can map just about to the end of the stock MAP sensor's range (10psi). GhettoDyne 2.2.1 is functionally very similar to using a AFC or SMIC or LMN7803 or whatever the **** you use to cut the map voltage.

[%sig%]

Post Edited (07-07-03 22:01)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:52 pm 
Ok so it is the map sensor that cannot see past 10 psi.. So what map sensor can we use to get past 10 psi? dsm? GM?

(trying to learn)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 11:32 pm 
GM 2 BAR will see to 14.7 PSI. This is in the works for GhD, but the current solution does not have enough resolution to support 2 BAR values. The resolution would be greatly reduced in it's current form with a 2 BAR MAP sensor. An additional 15x17 set of tables will fix this issue lickity split.

Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]