pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:03 am 
Hi, I am a kind of newbie here, and was wondering if it is doable to use a 29c256 chip with several programs in it made using Ghettodyne (ala Moates.Net and its "switching memory bank adapters").

Could I write several different bins with Ghettodyne and then edit them to put them at different addresses?
If so, what kind of switching device would I have to use to get the right programs on-the-fly?

It would be so nice to be able to get one bin for race gas, one for aggressive driving with regular gas and one for economy... Or be able to load 3 or 4 different bins during tuning and test which one is the best...

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:21 pm 
Hey bro!

Having burned several GhD tunes with Batronix's Eprommer device, I have to tell you that the most current version of GhD, 2.2.1 with boost support, takes up about 17,500 out of ~32,700 memory addresses in the 29c256 chip. That is, just over half.

That means you couldn't really put more than one bin into the chip. But it is possible, theoretically, that another version of GhD could be written that has the capability of switching between several different tunes stored in the chip along with the program. There might be clocking issues with the MCU, and possibly other problems as well. So the short answer is, Not right now. But that doesn't mean what you want can't be done the long(er) way. You could also have several different chips ready with different tunes, and you could pop them in and out with (relatively) little inconvenience. Peel the carpet, pop the nuts, yank the plate, pop the plugs, unscrew the screws, latch up the ground strap, yank the chip, pop another one in, do it all again in reverse. Lather, rinse, repeat. Once you get good at doing it, a 10 minute job. And tuning and testing are still possible, given the 10 minute delay each time. Not (much of) a problem. Good luck and have fun...

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]