pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:49 pm 
Has anyone else had this problem? I cannot re-create it in my extensive lab environment...

Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:58 pm 
the problem is on the multipliers... Ghetto.bin is based on a PM7 binary...

if i use Ghetto bin (or a stock PM7-0330) it gives me a constant CEL , but runs ok...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:23 pm 
No shit...am I really the only asshole with this problem? I'm re-attaching the stock PM7 bin I used as my template...if you open it with GHD 1.3 you should see what I'm talking about...just look over the fuel maps. -Z

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:23 pm 
Ah, good eye! Thanks dohcvtec.

PM6 = 00 01 01 02 02 03 03 03 03 03 03 03 04 04 04
PM7 = 00 01 01 02 02 02 03 03 03 03 03 04 04 04 04

Why would running PM7 code give you a CEL tho? I ran PM7 code in my PM6 with no codes...

Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:53 am 
Oh, BTW, GhDModified.bin uses PM6 not PM7 multipliers...

Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:22 am 
You can run pm6 code in a pm7 and you can run pm7 code in a pm6.
But if you mix it - i.e. pm6 code with pm7 maps, you have to use correct multipliers otherwise you could run into some lean conditions at a certain TP.
I don't know if the CEL could be caused by sensor readings as a result of the bad map situation.

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:14 am 
xtensive

well sir to be honest that's my experience so far... i'll double check with ghetto bin v1.6 and inform you...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:20 pm 
i'm running a half PM6 half PM7 fuel map in my pm6.

I dont seem to have that multiplier problem...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:43 am 
Nick, this is off topic, but why/what specifically do you mean by "half" PM6 half PM7 maps?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying the same thing, I think...I do have a rough idle when running straight PM7 maps on my ZC...I found that it idled better on PM6 maps, specifically the timing maps...so I'm trying out PM6 ignition maps up to 1100 RPM's, and PM7 from there up to 7400...need to reset my base timing, but I can tell a difference...I really just need to get my lazy ass to a dyno, but I was just curious to see if you were having the same issues. Thanks, -Z

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:30 am 
As long as you don't !@#$ with the multipliers it shouldn't matter. The multipliers are stored right after the end of the fuel maps. 00, 01, 01, 02, etc, etc.

If you cut and paste hex maps from a PM7 into a PM6 without changing multiplier values it will miss-calculate the values. Same if you cut and paste hex maps from a PM6 to a PM7 without changing the multipliers. If you change then in an editor such as GhD then the multipliers are not affected. The hex will be different in the file tho since the multiplier is different...make sense?

Mike

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:05 am 
I mean, I opened a the PM7ZC69-ORG file with obd0 edit, read the values and retyped by hand in GHD.

So I just realized that I did not copy paste the data from 1 file to another, thus prevnting a multiplier fuck up.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:36 pm 
Nick and I went about it the same way...no hex copying involved, just looking at the values in one editor and typing those values in another editor.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:07 am 
The PITA way :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3