pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: GhD 2.2.1 w/ boost
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:33 pm 
Senior Developer

In an effort to minimize confusion, the correct release files for GhettoDyne 2.2.1 with Georgehack-MAPhack boost support can be found here. If any bugs are found, please post so that the product can be improved.

Big thanks to Mike for putting together this quality release!
Pretty amazing that the chief developer doesn't own a honda anymore eh?
Everybody keep their eyes peeled for a cheap CRX for Mike - he needs one.

[%sig%]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: GhD 2.2.1 w/ boost
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:45 pm 
Senior Developer

GhettoDyne 2.2.1 MiniFAQ v.01

Q. What ECUs will ghettodyne work with as a one-chip drop in solution?
A. 90-91 PM6, 90-91 PR4, 90-91 PM7, 90-91 PS9, 90-91 PR5, 90+ PP5 (rover with Cat) The key here is that the ECU has a 256k external EPROM.

Q. Are there other ECUs that ghettodyne will work with?
A. 88-91 PM8, 88-89 PM6, 88-89 PM7, 88-89 PG7, 88-89 (nocat) PP5 (and maybe others) will work fine too with an adapter board. This is much more of a pain in the ass - see pgmfi if you care enough.

Q. Does ghettodyne support ______ ECU not listed above, like my P28 or P72?
A. No.

Q. Will ghettodyne ever support ______ ECU not listed above, like my P28 or P72?
A. Probably not.

Q. Ghettodyne doesn't run right it gives me some dll or ocx error!
A. See http://www.ghettodyne.com for troubleshooting help

Q. Does Ghettodyne support logging?
A. The GhettoTunes have provisions for datalogging at 9600 baud. A companion program, ECUControl, can support a limited amount of datalogging. It is a work in progress (i.e. NOT FINISHED AND NOT TOTALLY WORKING) so don't throw a shit fit if it isn't logging your favorite sensor.

Q. How does the boost portion of ghettodyne 2.2.1 work?
A. This release includes the "GeorgeHack" or digital MAP-hack bin. This bin preserves the stock 17x15 table size present in the stock ECU but changes the range of the stock table by digital scaling the MAP signal by 5/8, so you can map just about to the end of the stock MAP sensor's range (10psi). GhettoDyne 2.2.1 is functionally very similar to using a AFC or SMIC or LMN7803 or whatever the fuck you use to cut the map voltage.

Q. Why use GhettoDyne 2.2.1 instead of a AFC or other hardware-based maphack?
A. Easy. Two big reasons: 1: A chip and some software is a lot cheaper than an AFC or SMC (but maybe not cheaper than a 7803) 2: You can tune timing with ghettodyne 2.2.1 so that the car is not excessively advanced under NA conditions and the desired amount of timing retard under boost is present.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:30 pm 

can you run early pg7's?....even if you don't want the ignition maps?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:35 pm 
Senior Developer

nope ...

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:54 pm 
I like to see if anyone else has encountered this glitch. I was doing a ghetto-vtec ECU today and I loaded up my B16 tune(Ghd 1.6), when I went to test the tune it worked fine until I tried to free rev the engine. I found that it was hitting the clutch cut rev limit while sitting still, w/o the clutch being engaged.

I swapped the chip to another ECU and produced the same results. I then used a few other blank chips to test, no change. I also "upgraded" the prog to Ghd 2.21, this produced the same result. I'm wondering if perhaps there is a bug in the code, or is it just a freak occurance on my part?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:55 pm 
aaaa, the forum agrees with me now. 2x posted deleted

[%sig%]

Post Edited (05-26-03 20:11)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:47 am 
I believe that you are hitting the "launch RPM" set by the variable in GhettoDyne...4000 RPM right? If I understand correctly, it is not looking at your clutch, but rather at the VSS - when the VSS is "0" then the low RPM rev limiter is set. Just get moving and see if it allows you to rev to the normal redline.

OR, is it at 3000 RPM? Could be the ECU has put itself in safe mode and is limiting the RPM...

Kirk

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:35 pm 
Yes, Kirk is right...that is not a glitch. The Launch revlimit is NOT dependant on the clutch switch...it is based on VSS or vehicle speed, so if you are under ~5 MPH you hit the launch rev limit. If you want to rev your engine to hell and back while sitting still change the Launch revlimit to the same value as the redline.

No glitch, no bug, broken by design.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:29 pm 
Alrighty then, I was just freakin out about it when I was testing the ECU and kept hitting the launch RPM limit trying to free rev it. Oh wells, I was trying to dial the summit RPM switch in. I was getting so pissed thinking I'd FUBAR'ed the install.

PS sorry for the 2x post, forum was glitching last night and wouldn't let me post/edit...

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]