pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:44 am 
I have a jumpy idle (at times), but it seems after a while it will smooth out completely like stock.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:14 pm 
mine is working great except for the 10 and 0 glitch. very aggressive at 10. any word on that? no cel or anything.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:52 pm 
Hmmm...with the success of others using the .BIN I guess Iwill burn a few with a few variations to see if I can get better results. But it does puzzle me that EcuControl was obviously not working...

Kirk

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:35 pm 
If you can, try and use a PM6 ECU instead of the PR4...There have been a few reports of mysterious behavior with the PR4...

Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:58 pm 
Thanks Mike, I'll socket a PM6 and give it a try.

Kirk

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:06 pm 
most definately a bitch of a glitch at 10. has anyone been able to figure out if its fuel or ignition being cut? other than that its pretty decent, doesn't pull as hard as my smc, but that could be cause its a little bit hotter out today.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:12 am 
If you're using un altered maps, they're a bit more timid on the ignition and a little heavier on fuel than say a stock map running an AFC. But that's jsut a guess.

I have checked my A/F gauge when the glitch hits, and have tried to ride in it, and it doesn't seem to be fuel. My gauge is pretty quick at registering readings and would dip out if it were fuel.. This is obviously just a quick check. I don't have anything definative to check with.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:32 am 
it feels like an ignition glitch to me. i'm just wondering if theres crossover points in the compression of the maps that are causing it. considering I don't understand exactly how its all working, i'm not much help.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:35 am 

I would love to test! I have a 91 crx with a PM6 ECU ready for a chip. I don't have the 450cc injectors on yet But i can but them on with this program. Mitsubishi turbo is installed now. but switching to a T4/T4 setup. So this might help alot. Let me know what you need. I also have a 89 Civic hatch running a full conversion to OBD1 with a d16z6. does anyone have a turbo setup for that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:14 am 

OK Iv'e been reading up on all of this for about two weeks now. and i have tested a few bins . they both seem to work great.
Car 91 Civic si PM6 ECU
Mods: Header, Intake, and NOS.
Test 1 is basicaly Ghettodyne's NA setup. I used it at first. I had no problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:23 am 

OK Iv'e been reading up on all of this for about two weeks now. and i have tested a few bins . they both seem to work great.
Car 91 Civic si PM6 ECU
Mods: Header, Intake, and NOS.
Test 1 This is basicaly Ghettodyne's NA setup. I used it at first. I had no problems. This chip seems to work pretty good on spray.

Test 2 I started with Chettodyne's NA setup and open it in OBDedit 1.2. I needed Launch Control. to be 5500. Then I Imported the map tables from a chip i had modified from a mugen setup. This chip works better all motor. I can give more infor if needed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:28 am 

OK here is the other test i did.
90 CRX si with Vtec Head. Turbo and stock injectors.
PR4 ECU (1.8 Integra ECU)
This chip I used ghettodyneNA bin to set my launch control and then i used OBDoedit 1.2 to import my maps.
This works great.

I love GhettoDyne!

[%sig%]

Post Edited (06-10-03 13:28)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:07 pm 
sweet! Thanks for posting the tune.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:32 pm 
did i miss something here? your post says turbo and stock injectors? how are you running extra fuel for boost with stock ones?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:45 am 

We are using the Pr4 ECU and a Higher Fuel Pressure. around 47psi. I know this is not the best thing to do we ran the car last night and it ran a 13.43 in the 1/4 mile. We are changeing the injectors out to RC 550cc and using a T3/t4 turbo tonight. I will try the standard map for turbo tonight (GHD_boost) then make adjustments for fuel and see what happens. I am still learning so any help would be apriciated. Also this is the test i'm running on the 90 CRX.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next