pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:08 am 
Boost is here! I am looking for beta testers for boost. Requirements are a 90-91 chipable PM6, a Honda or some sort that runs off of said ECU, and is boost "enabled", running 450 cc injectors. No AFC crap. If you have an AFC or similar you must turn it off before testing this new revision as I won't get valid results otherwise. Also, if you are female, blonde, hot, and single, that is a major plus.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:39 pm 
This is f*%king awesome!!! Would love to help, but no turbo here (yet, planning on this fall). Great work and good luck! -Z

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:54 am 
Id be more than happy to test it for you.
I have a socketed pm6, and currently running 450s.
Boosted of course.
Shoot me an email at rioninja@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 10:17 am 
Senior Developer

Hey Mike, if you get this working, I'll start a collection on your behalf to get you another CRX.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:10 pm 
Mike,

TJ and I have a swap already completed under boost that is currently running under...sorry...ZDyne control...(I didn't want to say it!). We would be happy to give it a run with GhettoDyne.

Kirk

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 4:19 pm 
Mike

Sent you a mail

My ZC is running a little too much boost to experiment with - so it will have to stay Zdyne for the time being :(

However I have a couple of socketed ECU's running ghettodyne, and Nad has a turbo that should be finished tonight/tomorrow - that just needs management :)

Only problem I can see here - is he is running Prelude 340 injectors, so we would have to remap the fuelling to suit

Mark

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:50 am 
I can beta-test for you. I have a boosted CRX. Though i'm running some rather large(900cc) injectors, as well as a GM 3 bar MAP sensor. However i'm also running Zdyne, but it been in there for 2 years. But I guess it's good to have some people that can let you know just how well Ghd compares to $Zdyne$...

Lemme know if I "qualify". I've chipped a few ECU's for people using ghettodyne, as well as chipped on of my own ECU's with it. Kudo's to you on a killer program, and to all your hard work.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:10 am 
Hey, this is MR_DR_PEP from homemadetubo.com

I also have a socket PM6 running 450cc's and I've been boosted for about 3 weeks. I'll definatly help out...

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:27 pm 
My services are at your disposal.

90 SI /450cc D16A6 Turbo

email me - tektran@homtail.com

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:09 pm 
'91 Integra GS

450cc, Joseph's bin, B18a with Greddy SOHC kit

email: serge@logik.ca

thank you!

keep up the good work :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:01 pm 
I can BETA test for ya...

88 CRX d16a6, 450cc turbo

91 Civic ZC 450cc turbo

91 CRX B18b (can easily get a set of 450's) turbo

I run a shop here... So I have a number of customers that might be interested as well... lemme know.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:06 am 
oops, forgot to mention my setup...

90 CRX Si
D16a6 IHI Rhb5 Turbo 5-8 psi
PM6 Socketed (10 EEPROM Chips, and a ROM burner to use :) )
DSM 450cc Injectors

Email me: gghsusa@yahoo.com

Plug and Play Baby! woot! I was boosting on georgespm6hack file, so I'm free to try anything :)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:37 am 
Wow, I had no idea there would be so much interest! My exchange server is getting pissed :-)

Unfortunately no single hot female blondes (or any hair color for that matter!) applied, which was the whole reason I even started this project, so I'm going to make the beta available for all. Please please please (please) keep an eye on this thread, or this section of the site at least, incase there are issues. This is based on George's maphackv2 code. Sounds like a lot of you are already familiar with this setup so that is a major plus. It is setup for 450cc injectors...the fuel pulses look like stock 240cc injector pulse width's but remember they are getting digitally scaled so be careful not to change them to resemble stock 450cc injector pulse widths and cause a lean condition. Also, if possible be gentle at first, keep an eye on the A/F gauge, and listen for pinging, pistons going through the block, etc, etc. May the ghetto gods be on your side whilst running GhD beta code...

Oh yeah, please post your results!

P.S. I will flee to Mexico at a moments notice if anyone tries to come after me for nuking their engine. I don't even OWN a Honda...

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:30 am 
Sweet deal Mike, thank you for your efforts! We wil keep you updated on the results. Wideband O2 and dyno here we come...

Kirk

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:34 pm 
Mike

Many thanks from this side of the atlantic, Obviously we are all grateful for your incredible effort.

testing from sunday - will keep all informed

Mark

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next