pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 4:12 pm 
I'll test it out today when I get off work (5:00 eastern)... can't wait to play with the new code!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:02 pm 
I tested out that file like it was today, and it ran lean. Anyone else that tests it, be careful. Idle was bouncing, and ran it into boost once. Started pinging at 3 psi and it had that bog feel starving for fuel (a/f gauge went lean)..

I'm using the FIRST version of the 91pm6Georgehack.bin file and it does the best... Maybe that file would be better to start from with ghd beta?

The only problem I have with the 91pm6Geogehack.bin file is the jolt at 20 vac, 10 vac, and 0 for a brief moment (if I hold it there).

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:15 pm 
Thanks Graham! I'd advise no one else use this until I post a new bin. I will do that this evening...

Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 7:58 pm 
Hey, quick question Graham...which bin did you use? The GhDBoost_450.bin, or the Ghd_NA.bin? The NA bin is only for normally aspirated engines...I compared the fuel tables from Georges original MapHack and the one that this version of GhD uses (GhDBoost_450.bin), and they look almost identical? Are you sure you are using the boost bin?

Thanks!

Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:25 am 
I'll test it out in the morning Mike.. If I picked the NA bin, then I'm one stupid freak.. lol. I'll make for certain in the morning. I'll post the results at 12:00 eastern

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:33 am 
hmm, now i am very interested...

My weakest link is the b20 tune im working on for my zdyne. Now that there is boost... I may convert (or atleast compare)

I do have one request... The hondata has some sort of system that richens the mixture slightly when you stomp on the gas. It helps eliminate the sudden drop in a/f when the fuel system/EFI cannot keep up with the sudden increase of air. Can this feature be implemented?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:31 pm 
Ok, I made sure this time I picked the proper file. I burned it with no trouble... started the car up, and took it for a drive. Same thing... There must be some kind of problem... I can't figure it out... As soon as I go into boost, it bogs like there is no power.. the a/f gauge is rich, then goes midway and heads towards lean. Perhaps someone else can report some results? I'm only one person - we need to compare results. Whoever else tries it, please specify your eprom burner that you're using. I'm using the EPROMER5 - 6.

After the engine warmed up, and I tapped the gas, the idle bounced like crazy from about 300rpm, up to around 1100 rpm extremely fast, a/f was going rich, lean, rich, lean, etc..

I can't imagin why if the tables are similar to georges first hack file it would be so different. V1 of Georgeshack is dead on... It runs exactly how a turbocharged car should be.. but I think it needs a little more fuel UP TOP (above 4500 RPM).

Someone else hurry up dangit! :) Post yer results!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:42 pm 
Hrm, let me revise a test version of GhD to use the original maphack and see if that works. Probably not going to be until Sunday evening tho...got in-laws in town for the weekend :-(

Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:18 am 

umm, yeah, Mike - don't use v2 - there are some fairly major problems with it. I should have mentioned that in the thread (in fact I will go do that right now)....

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:02 pm 
Ok, here is a re-compiled verion of GhettoDyne v2.2 It includes the original MapHack named GhDBoost_450v1.bin and it also includes the NA bin that came with v1.3+

Do NOT try and modify this new bin with the old 2.2 version as it will !@#$ it all up. You must use this new GhD executable to modify the new bin. Questions or concerns, please post.

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:15 pm 
Good News + bad news...

The tune seems to be correct now. Idle is normal, but the CEL comes on after about 45 seconds... I didn't get a chance to drive it like that because I was worried that the cel would pop on while I was in boost... I remember a few people saying they had similar problems (turboef9 one of them)...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:25 pm 
Doh, it looks like the checksum is not zeroed. Open the bin and then save it...GhD will zero the checksum for you...I hope that will solve your problem...

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:31 am 
I swear I rush to production quicker than Microsoft does...here is the zeroed checksum bin file for those too lazy :-)

Again, this is ONLY to be used with the newer version of GhD v2.2

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:07 am 
I'm Game.
I'll try it Monday and let ya'll know.

Woz

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:26 pm 
Now that's what I'm talking about! I tested it this afternoon and it does real good. I took 5th gear all the way up to around 110 and I never got any pinging whatsoever. Good job Mike!

I still have that old problem though. I think it must be my EPROM programmer. At 20 vac, 10 vac, and right around 0 I get a delay (no matter the ENGINE SPEED) like feels like a gap in the ignition. It only does it if I hold it directly in that area, and I feel it slightly when I pass it quicky. It's a big jolt if I hold it directly in there, almost feels like I hit a speed bump :( I'm pretty sure it's the EPROM programmer I'm using because all the files that I've tested do the same thing at those points. Any idea how to fix this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next