pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:07 pm 
SuhWeeeeeeeet! Thanks for testing Graham! Let me look into the vac issue, but I think it is an unfortunate side effect of the digital MAP signal scaling. There might be a way around this by only cutting the MAP over ~20 hg, but I am working on a better boost control anyways that will allow for more resolution and no MAP signal scaling, so we'll see. At least we have an editor with boost control for now though! That was the only thing missing to be "competative"...heheh.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:23 pm 
As you would expect i had the same results as graham with the first bin. Ill try to burn the new one when i get home, provided the eprom programmer is in a good mood today :P

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:47 pm 
Burned and tested the new bin tonight. Runs well, but it feels a little lean. Most likely since im running a b16a. Im having the same "hesitation" around the same vacuum points as graham, but overall it runs well. I only ran it for a few minutes, so ill post again after i get a better feel for it, maybe make a few adjustments. Great job :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:41 pm 
I haven't gotten to run it yet. :( I tried the OBD0Edit1.01.exe editor, and blew two motors three days with my imported mini me maps. I don't know if it's not saving correctly or what, but, this has put me out of comission until this weekend when I drop a 3rd motor in.

I will post my results on the new GhD after I drop in my new motor.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:31 am 

Turbo_EF9:

I'm very sorry about this.

I've just found out, that there is a problem if you import maps into the "maphack" bin with OBD0edit. Something goes wrong with the fuel maps when importing/saving. When I open the saved bin file, the fuel map values are too low.

Carsten

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:28 pm 
Eh, well, I figured something was wrong when I pulled the first motor and the ring lands on the first piston were blown to smitherines.

So, I rewrote the maps, gave 'er more fuel, and ka-blewie! Blew the lands out AGAIN in the first 10 miles of driving...soooo, I knew it had to be the program.

Unfortunately, it makes me scared to try any newer versions. Since I'm poor with HEX, and worse with ASM I am unable to read them for myself. Oh well, "Use at your own risk, eh?" :-)

As for GhD.. we'll see if I can get this silly CEL error fixed. It's got to be something on my end.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:34 pm 
Dude! Are you still getting that error after 45 seconds? That has me boggled! You're using a USDM 90-91 PM6 right? And the CEL is solid?

Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:17 am 
Not yet. :) Haven't gotten to try 2.2.1 just yet.. this weekend though, I have to put me new motor in.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:32 pm 
I just sold my V-AFC, my obd1 wiring harness, obd1 dizzy, got 500 bucks.. bought an eeprom burner got my pm6 chipped up.. im going ghettodyne. :)
and with the other 400 bucks left over i can go ahead and finish my crx's exhaust and charge pipes the right way..

Count me in to test this.... will post results soon once everything follows through

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:16 pm 

Well if it matters it has an error when trying to open the help menu!

RunTime Error 7!
Out of Memory.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:58 am 
I got it in the CRX.

It runs with the 450cc injectors. I didn't get the chance to take it out the driveway yet. I did let it warmup and noticed its ill temper at finding a good place to idle, but after looking at the fuel map, it looks like idle conditions 18-22 could use some "coming together" Meaning I can see the bigger jump from one RPM to the other in the fuel maps. I was wandering if the default 830RPM idle was "drifting" in and out of these settings causing it to ---go lean and see it then go rich and see it and on and on---.

Anyways, It fucking works!
My atempt at the MAX323 has failed to date, good thing they gave me 2.
Whats the latest word on that cellphone cable?

I want to play with the maps, but I HAVE to cut the yard.

Woz

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:00 am 
Awesome Woz, congrats! I love it when a plan comes together...

Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:46 am 
OK, here is the setup we used…a PR4 ECU that has previously run a 91 CRX Si with EcuControl running and logging data. We installed the 450 Boost Bin into this same ECU and then installed it in a CRX that has a D16 Integra SOHC motor in it with a JRSC that will produce 9 PSI at full song and it has 450cc injectors. The motor was running on a Zdyne ECU without any issues using all of the stock sensors.

Before installing we took the car out and ran it getting it to full operating temperature. We brought the car back to the garage and let it idle until the radiator fan had cycled twice. We shut off the car and swapped ECU’s and then restarted the car. We attempted to let the car idle without using the gas pedal to support the idle, but it would not keep running. We finally resorted to using the gas pedal to get it to turn over and settle into what turned out to be a very unstable idle. The A/F mixture, as measured by a wideband was in the 18 to 20:1 range – we have an additional meter on the stock O2 sensor and it agreed with the reading from the wideband after it warmed up. Trying to hold the motor at a fast idle – 2000 to 300 RPM – the mixture did not improve.

We decided to start EcuControl and start logging the data. We made the connection without problem…when we told it to start logging; the A/F mixture would come to almost normal. The gauges would bounce all over on the display of EcuControl, clearly we were not synchronized with the ECU. As long as the gauges were bouncing around, the ECU would try to get the A/F ratio in the correct range and the motor would try to idle smoothly. In about 10 seconds, EcuControl would stop “logging” and the mixture would go back to the 18 to 20:1 ratio. We let the car run for about five minutes and decided a road test was not a good idea based on the idle results. No CEL, no codes…

We compared the ignition maps in Zdyne and Ghettodyne and found that the maps were very close to the same in the, what would be, the NA range…they only deviated from each other in the boost region, with the Ghettodyne being more conservative with more fuel and more timing pulled out. Since we saw the normal NA maps were the essentially same, we do not feel that this was the problem…we swapped back to Zdyne and the car ran as it should…so, what suggestions and insights can you all come up with? A problem with the BIN?

Kirk

[%sig%]

Post Edited (05-23-03 12:55)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:21 am 
Well, I got around to installing the boost BIN as well.

Mike, you will be happy to know that it seems 2.2.1 has fixed my CEL error. Who knows what THAT was all about. Anyway..

Burned boost chip completely unaltered. Car ran like a champ (Yes, complete with aggressive fuel, and timid spark). The two problems I did come across, were of course, the vacuum, and the idle. My "jerk points" were 10, and 0.. I did feel them at 20, but, only once or twice. Seems to just glide over that one sometimes. 10 and 0 seems to hit pretty hard if you're at low RPMs, not to bad if at higher.

Second problem, idle. Bounced all over the place. Same as everyone else.
One thing I did notice, when I idle, my a/f gauge drops off to no readings. That's normal, but, the weird part is, when it would drop below the set idle, the ECU would give it gas, enough in fact to regiser on my gauge! Which normally takes about 5% throttle!

Anyway, with that.. I sort of played with my V-AFC and with +10 at 1000rpms on narrow throttle, and left everything else zero'd out on narrow and wide throttle. It seemed to smooth the idle out...

Hope that helps track down the issue. Oh Mike, George, Blundar, anyone.. What is the *actual* problem of why it jerks at those places? Can the CPU not process the code changes fast enough? Does it have to do with loss of resolution in the tables? What's up?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:58 pm 
Hi,

I suppose this is a dumb question, but would it matter if I use this bin in a pr5 or pm6 automatic ecu controlling a 5 speed? I'm not sure of which I have, how can u tell if it's auto or not on a pr5 ecu?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next