pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Beta Testers wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:46 am 
Im in ... i definitly wanna be a beta tester im installing my turbo in like 2 weeks... im having trouble getting my chip to work with the stock na program from ghettodyne... i have a p07 with a 28c256 chip.. j1 r57 c51 c52 are all in place. but the ecu is no reading the chip because im still getting a check light. any suggestions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:06 am 
Unfortunatly, ghettodyne only works on PM6/PM4s. Thats why your having problems getting it to work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:18 pm 
Duhh.. shit bear with me sorry im kinda a newbie but i learn really quick.. i got a PM4 ecu now and im chipping it tonight.. wish me luck..

[%sig%]

Post Edited (06-13-03 12:25)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:39 am 
Well i just got my batronix eeprom burner, my chipped ecu pm6 and tested out ghettodyne NA, worked great... launch control was really fun and my car ran really smooth.. the idle was kinda funky.. it would go up to 1300 then drop to 830 after a while it stopped... very odd.. im going to test out rschoener Test2 NA File tomorrow then this weekend im boosting my car and then doing a full write up about that..

:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:33 am 

Just got the 450's in a friendx CRX. Bouncy idle and fairly lean all around. I have a feeling that there that the larger injectors are taking more time to open as compared to the stock 240s thus a mathematical recurve of the injector times is in need of a significant retune. We added about 0.20ms to some of the mid-range cruise values and it made a big difference. This is on an NA motor using the 450 map that came with ghettodyne.

I'll tune it up properly once I get my L1H1 wideband sensor... NTK has been backordered forever.

-Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:19 pm 
I have the same bouncy idle and the good old same thinng at 10 0 and pretty rough slam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:32 pm 
Couple of remarks about 2.2.1.

First, it may be my imagination, but the 20"/10" glitch seems to be worse when it's very humid out.

Second, the comment Hackish made about the injectors is right on. The 450's are slower opening and closing. And since this is a transient phenomenon that is irrespective of RPM or MAP, once you do an exact mathematical recurve from 240's, I guessed that it was more like .30 ms you have to add across the board.

Third, if you take a close look at the stock 240 NA bin and compare it to the recurved 450 boost bin, you see they are just about identical, except for the vacuum column heading values. I.e., Mike more or less copied the same numbers to use as a baseline tune for the boost bin. That baseline tune is not a mathematically recurved bin from the 240's. I know, because I took the time to crunch all those numbers and do a proportionate recurve table. If anyone wants the result, feel free to drop me a note.

[%sig%]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5