pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:13 pm 
currently GhD only supports the bin that comes with it. We have discussed this path before, and the reasoning is because the program supports much more capability than the stock bin has, and is pretty much proprietary at that point. Because of the launch control, and ECUControl being setup there is a huge change in the structure of the assembled code. The maps are in totally different places, and some of the routines are different. This means that it is impossible for it to support other types of bins...well not entirely impossible, but a lot of additional code would need to be implimented to allow support for all stock bins as well as GhD bins with the new features. This would also make it near impossible to add featureabilty to stock bins such as launch control. The GhD bin that is provided will work on any PM6/PM7/PR4 ECU from a hardware standpoint. I did not see the need to add support for all of these separately since the code is so similar.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:14 pm 
Senior Developer

mc eddy brings up a somewhat valid point Mike... bins for both PM6 and PM7(euro) at least should be included for the simple reason that many Europeans have struggled with the US dev roms due to the lack of ELD, PA sensor peculiarities, etc.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:17 pm 
Hey all, I just wanted to know.. what do i use to open up my stock or other bin file.. to then copy the info and then re-write to the new ghettodyne bin.. ?.. thanks

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:24 pm 
I'll look into this since it seems like a lot of you want this. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time these days. I was more trying to structure it like "Z@#$%" does with base tunes that you can play with.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:55 pm 
nice release!

right now I can't think of anything that is missing in this release .... exept ... well you now what :) just kidding..

keep on the good work!
I'll be part of your beta tester in May when I'll get my car back! hehe

it's also a good idea IMO not to include stock roms, simply because there is no pratical reason you should do so (not worth the coding time)

but I agree with everyone that there should be an option to switch to an EURO spec ECU (or maybe a seperate rom file)

P.S you also get at least 2hits a day on your site from me to check for any updates .... haha I'm addicted! :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:46 am 
That makes sense...The only reason I ask is if you want to open a stock bin for reference, you can't do that with 1.4. For example, I've got a ZC running one of the PM7 bin's on a PM6 ECU. In order to make this work with the new version of Ghettodyne, I need to open the PM7 bin and copy the maps over to the ghettotuned bin...which I'd have to do with 1.3.

Maybe there's a way to give 1.4 read-only capability for stock roms, rather than cut them out completely. Just my $.02. -Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:27 pm 
or add maps database support...
we can have:
1) PM6 stock maps
2) PM7 stock maps
3) PR4 stock maps (given that we can come up with a proper map for this)
4) B16A stock maps (given that we can come up with copying the maps, i've already done this!, imagine that what i'm referring)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:23 am 
maybe you can add some options for PM6/PM7/PR4/etc stock fuel maps in Fuel Injector Re-Curve just beside 240/450cc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:03 pm 
Awsome dude we can really use some of this in the OBDI world!

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:45 pm 
1st: NICE WORK !

I am wondering about the possibility of
adding 'spreadsheet' type functionality.
Like cutting and pasting of higlighted cells,
addition or subtraction toolbar buttons for
highlighted cells, maybe by percent change
or absolute change....

Is the source available?
I would like to contribute by adding
some 'features'...

Jeffrey Atwood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:40 am 

Any answer to my question (that seemed to have gotten lost):

Can you change the spacing of the RPM intervals that the ECU uses to interpolate outputs?

Again, I plead almost absolute ignorance if this has been discussed or would be know if I had more knwledge of the code.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:16 am 
Senior Developer

yes you can change these intervals, but there is not currently support for it in ghettodyne.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:21 pm 
Ok, I may be missing something here, b/c if it was a bug, I'm sure everyone would be having the same problem...

I just recently got into this, so bear with me. I have a PM6 ecu from a '90 Civic LX that I have modified (removed the eprom, soldered in a ZIF socket). I burned the 91ecu.bin included with Ghettodyne 1.3 to a C29256 chip using the Batronix eeprommer, and had no problems at all...engine (DOHC ZC) fired right up and ran like it should. Since then, I've tested a few .bin's that I've found in the resources section of this site, and found one (PM7ZCORG-69.bin) that really works well...my mixture is much better than with the 88 PG7 ECU that I had been using, and I noticed a significant power gain right away throughout the power band.

When ghettodyne 1.4 was released, I downloaded it and burned the ghettotune.bin onto an identical C29256 chip and tried it out, only to throw a CEL after about 45 seconds, with the ECU's LED staying solid red. From what I can find, this is supposed to indicate a checksum error, however I did nothing to the .bin aside from burn it onto the chip, I made no attempt to edit it in any way. I re-burned the same .bin on a different chip with the same results. Is it possible that there's a problem with the C29256, and perhaps a OTP chip might work better?

After this, I opened the .bin in ghettodyne (1.4) and the checksum appeared to be ok, so I'm not sure what's going on...The other problem I'm having is while trying to copy over the timing values from the PM7 bin I have been using (above) I received an error stating that "You cannot retard your timing beyond 40 degrees" or something similar, however the PM7 .bin has several entries in the timing maps that exceed 40 degrees of retard, so how is it impossible? The only answer I can think of is that the ECU ignores the entries and caps them off at 40 degrees...if this is the case then please let me know.

I apologize for the long post, like I said I am very happy with the way things are now, but I'm hoping to go turbo in the near future and I would like to be prepared to do so smoothly. All this aside, I love the program and I think this is truly a remarkable cause. Thanks, -Z

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:01 am 
Mike:

Ya, as far as the "registering", that was me that you chatted with, and it was XP Pro that I was running also..

You might want to drop something into the README. Also, since Windows is so "user friendly", you can just right click the OCXs and click "register" and it'll take care of all that stuff..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:00 am 
I hope there is a software capable to meddle around with PR3. Or may be it already exist but i missed it somewhere?.... any info?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next