pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: GhettoDyne 1.4 Released!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:41 pm 
Senior Developer

http://pgmfi.crx-forum.org/resources/tools/GhettoDyneV1.4.zip

Hopefully Mike will elaborate a little bit about the feature list...

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:59 pm 
Well, originally this version was going to be V2.0 and incorporate boost. I am still trying to work out some of the issues in the boost code, but since there was such a demand for GhettoDyne to work with ECUControl I decided to disable the boost section and basically use the base code for V1.4

It supports ECUControl, Launch control, idle control, and user identification and comments on the tune. Let me know if you encounter any unintended "features" and such.

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:02 pm 

*sighs* Why can't anything be easy? I am getting an error: Component "COMDLG.OCX"or one of it's dependances not correctly registered: A file is missing or invalid."

Anyone have any ideas?

AMD K6-2 400MHz
Win2Kpro, fully updated
196MB ram

More info upon request.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:22 pm 

Nevermind. I installed ECU control, then Ghettodyne worked.

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:06 pm 
Yeah, most systems should have that ocx so I didn't include it because I could potentially supply you with an older version than is on your system. There is a bit of info about it and the file itself @ http://www.GhettoDyne.com under the "errors" section since this has cropted up before :-)

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:18 am 

I've been playing around with teh software comparing it to Binhacker (from ZDYNE) and a question cam to mind: Is it possible to change the RPM values that the ECU uses to interpolate output to the distributor and the injectors? If I had a built B series capable of running to 9K RPM, I'd like to make the steps a bit wider to get another point above the 7400RPM top limit. This of course is speaking out of complete ignorance of what goes on in the BIN file itself. If this is a question that can be answered by modding a bin file according, just tell me to stop asking questions and RTFM. =Þ

Overall, the program itself is sweet. I like the layout, and the options are laid out mugh more conveniently than in BINhacker. A+ class work! Thanks for all your tim and effort you put into this. It's really very cool that you are helping out programming illiterate people like me! =)

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:58 am 

Hy,

after a long time period (because of my exam), today checked out PGMFI site again.

Wow great things happend (EcuControl, Ghettodyne).

Now my question will there be a PM7 Version of ghettodyne , or
are the versions >1.03 only for the PM6 Ecu ?.

I know the Readme file in the package, but maybe someone can give me here some further information about PM7 support.

Greetings
mc_eddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:12 pm 
tryin' to run, i get the following error (1.03 worked fine for me):

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:23 pm 
Another guy had this issue and he resolved it by registering all of the ocx files that are bundled with GhettoDyne. Go to a command line and navigate to the directory that the ocx files are in (or copy the ocx files to your system32 directory and navigate there), and type regsvr32 <ocx file name> that should give you a confirmation that they were registered succesfully, re-boot and try it again. This issue has only cropped up on XP home edition so far... (NOT profressional). HTH

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:32 pm 
i'm runnin' XP Pro...but i'll give it a shot any way. thanks for the tips, i'll post if it works or not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:36 pm 
ok, registered them, didn't reboot, and they are working fine now, thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:46 pm 
Sweet!

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:12 pm 
just a thought but couldnt the installer program check the dates on the ocx and give you the option if need be to either skip or overwrite the missing/newer files ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:33 pm 
There is no installer. I didn't want to !@#$ with an installer.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:49 pm 
Stupid question, which I think mc_eddy touched on in his reply, If I try to open up any .BIN's other than the one included with GhettoDyne 1.4, I get the error, "You must use a GhettoTune for this revision of GhettoDyne." Does this mean you must use one of the developmental BIN's (that work with ECUcontrol) or am I missing something? I checked your site, the readme and help, and see nothing to this effect. Thanks, -Z

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next