pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:04 pm 
whit pm6, ng60, te plugin
my car is in kpm and it off in the test i dont use the gauge display
at like 60 kpm read like 100kpm
ecu control setting is in kpm
but i have an automatic cluster i d'ont know is the sensor is the same sa the manual. my car is manual by the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Ok, I really do not understand why it does that...

I may do an alteration of the memory content somewhere in the code.
Thanx guys I'll have a deep look a this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:53 am 

Can't get to the ECU Control website. What's going on? Is there another link to the new release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:01 am 
Site Admin

CRXfreak91 wrote:
Can't get to the ECU Control website. What's going on? Is there another link to the new release?

it was temporarily down for maintenance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:12 pm 

I was having all kinds of problems with the speedo reading.

I switched my gauges to read in MPH and I find that the MPH reading is almost EXACTLY what my gauges read in KM/H on the car itself.

To try and make this clear. My car is a canadian G1 integra. I log using the NG60 base code. My gauges on the car read in KM/H. And when I put ECU CONTROL onto MPH the NUMBER on the gauge matches the speed in KMH that I am actually travelling at.

If I put it into KMH it goes WAY out!

Also my air fuel gauge does not move or read anything at all. But it shows up fine on the datalogging section. Just doesnt move on the gauge screen.

The air temp gauge is still uncertain. Its not above 40 degrees celsius here so it is pinned at the bottom until next summer I am guessing.

Any chance that can be changed? I would like to see a reading for as low as 0 or even minus temps for us canadian users.

ALso I need to search this out maybe, but how exactly do I do a hp/tq run? I tell it to graph data but it doesnt do anything. Where does it save the data to? "my documents" or what?

Other than that its looking good. I was kinda hoping to get the power graphs figured out though so I could use that to see what kinda tuning I need to do. I am using a very crude base map right now until I can fine tune it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, i will have a look at the speed problem. as for the hp trace, well, i didnt code that part so i dont know how it works lol ;)

For the AF, i'll look into that too.

thanks for this comment, this help me out a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:43 pm 

no problem.

I have been trying to get a HOnda that I could run this on for over a year now. Its nice to finally be able to use it.

Plus all the new features that were not there when I first started looking at it are a nice surprize.

keep up the good work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:47 pm 

back after a little more playing with it.

The speed reading on both screens is off. The digital gauge reads wrong as well as the number on the datalogging screen.

I havnt tried it on turbo edit to see if it works in there. I may have to install it on the laptop and see.

As for the HP trace part, who actually did do that part? Is there somewhere I can ask about it? It shows the tq numbers in the colum on the side, but when I tell it to graph it I get a runtime error.

ALso where does it save the log file to? I cant seem to find it anywhere that I thought it should be. I dont want to lose it, so I can come back to the desktop and compare it to my chip to see what I need to change.

Also whats the PLX reading for A/F showing me? Is that the actual A/F ration in a number form? I am hoping not, cause it shows me REALLY rich then. like 11:1 and never higher than 12:1.

Thats on a narrowband O2 sensor though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:13 pm 
It will save the log in 'my documents' you have to manual save it aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:14 pm 

so it wont save it until I manually save it? SO I just go to the "file" tab at the top and select save as I guess?

ALso is there a way for it to remember my settings?

It seems every time I boot into it the only thing it remembers is my com port to connect on.

I need to tell it the rom I am using, as well as the format to read the O2 sensor as, and since the speedo thing is wacked I gotta switch that to US measurement until its fixed.

Is my install screwy? Or does everyone need to adjust that every time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

I didint code the settings personalization yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:47 pm 

I just did some more testing for the VSS, I used 3 different ECUs in the same car. PM6-A080, PR4-A10, and a PR4-A60 (this is the orrigional ECU before my auto->manual swap) all tested in a 91 Integra LS in 3rd gear. I calculated these differences using RPM and grear ratios(the values match my spedo in the dash) and only did MPH.
Here is what I came up with:
PM6-A080 = 1.35 times faster in EC
PR4-A60 = 1.35 times faster in EC
PR4-A10 = 1.41 times faster in EC

PR4-A10??? I did several different runs with this ECU in different gears with the same results +/-0.01.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why this one would show different from the other two?
My thought is that different VSS and ECU combinations are going to give different results.
Can anyone else calculate their speed based on RMPs, compair them to what EC logs and post the results?

I also noticed a couple other things with EC. The first is that if you do a long continous log it throws a run time error(i believe it was 7). I'm guessing that it is maxing out the varriable array limit of 99,999 (I recently started playing with VB6 and ran into this problem). The other minor thing I noticed is if you use 'clear log' it deletes the values, but leaves blank cells in the table which when saved the CSV file also contains the blank cells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:21 pm 
I tried my JDM P72 in my Teg tonight. In KPH on the guage it was reading about 3% under indicated MPH speed, so thats pretty much spot on
as far as im concerned as im sure my speed convertor box is adjusting the VSS input.

Forgot to change to MPH tho to test that, ill try that 2moz to see if its ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:03 pm 

link is down and your ECU control site is down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:20 pm 
98vtec wrote:
link is down and your ECU control site is down

Site is up... I just went to it.

Someone refresh my memory though... does ecucontrol datalog from a crome chipped ecu?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next